Author Topic: TRADE: 1 LOR CTB16PC V2 for 2 Lynx Express (Kits or assembled)  (Read 1552 times)

Offline kidcole

• Light Crazy Since 2009
I have several of the LOR CTB16PC V2s for to trade for some working 16 channel LE boards, or unassembled (complete) LE kits.  They can be V5.0 or V5.1.  All of the LOR CTB16PC V2s are in the original LOR cases, and two of them have longer wires added.  Your choice.  Let me know how many LEs you have for trade.   

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton, NC
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, by kidcole »
Thanks,

Denny Cole
ChristmasCarolina.com

Offline tbone321

You may do much better just selling the LOR controllers on a site like Planet Christmas and then buying the LE's outright, either here or waiting for a coop.  I think that you may be hard pressed to find anyone here willing to make this trade.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Ditto - I sold all my LOR units several years ago and then bought LEs with wireless.  Was a great move back in my AC days.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline kidcole

• Light Crazy Since 2009
Yup, I am on the same track.  Thanks for sharing.   LEs have grown a great reputation with Version 5.  I tried a couple 24 channel Renards and had issues. 

Even tho the LOR are worth more than LEs due to the high power handling), I want a simpler all DMX solution without having to make adapter cables and translating unit/channel into the DMX addresses.  By mid summer I plan to convert LOR software to xLights and will run 3 or 4 Falcon Pi Players.   Since the Pi computers are already wirelesss, then by putting at least one E1.31 controller on each Pi, I get a DMX output for the LEs without having to put wireless on each one.  I love the idea of the wireless controllers tho.  If Falcon had not invented their multi-computer solution, then I am sure I would also be using the LE wireless.  It makes things so simple. 

Thanks,

Denny Cole
ChristmasCarolina.com

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Greetings,,,

I wouldn't say the LEs aren't worth as much due to power handling.  The stated channel handling capacity and the entire unit capacity differ on the LE, based on checks a moment ago, on the other vendor's site.  So, someone may need to check which is most important to them, before accepting a blanket statement.

Worth is an opinion.  You're on a diy site, remember...

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues