Software > Vixen+

Is anyone still working on Vixen+

(1/2) > >>

harleyhaynes:
I plan on returning this year 100% rgb.  Is vixen+ the way to go?  Is it still being worked on? 

jnealand:
Vixen+ is basically frozen after the author had a stroke.  I would recommend that you look at xlights.  In my opinion is the only way to go for RGB stuff although some Vixen3 folks might argue that point.  I went 100% RGB last year and use the Raspberry Pi with FPP software to run the show.

Good luck

tbone321:
If you are going 100% RGB, you might want to look at either Vixen3 or XLights.  XLights is completely geared to RGB and has lots of built in effects for them making it easier to sequence in full RGB setups.  Its show files can also be directly fun from FPP.  If it has a real downside it's that it has limited support at best for sequencing with standard AC controllers.  Vixen 3 also has been geared to work with RGB setups and makes sequencing them far easier than Vixen 2 or even Vixen+.  It doesn't have quite the number of built in effects that XLights has.  Another positive is that it still works well with single channel strings and AC controllers and IMHO, is the best choice if you are using a combination of RGB and single channel props like wire frames and blow molds.  Its show files will not run directly in FPP but it does have a converter which will create a FPP compatible file. 

harleyhaynes:
Ah I am sorry to hear about the Vixen+ developer.  I will have a mix of AC boxes and 4 or 5 zeus controllers.  I have not been at this stuff in a while.  WHat is FPP?  I am familiar with xlights but need the ac controler ability as well this year.   

tbone321:
FPP is the Falcon Pi Player.  It is software that runs on the Raspberry PI and turns it into a show computer.  It directly runs Xlights files and includes a full scheduler.  think of it as a highly advanced Conductor.  XLights can run AC controllers but just about all of its effects are based on RGB.  Vixen 3 has also moved into the RGB world but they have not completely forgotten about the single channel devices like AC controllers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version