Author Topic: Mounting nodes  (Read 2537 times)

Offline jfougerousse

Mounting nodes
« on: September 23, 2016, »
I have 5000 ws 2811 12mm nodes to mount.  I had planned on using plastic strips for the trees and for the house use 1 in pvc with a hole every 3 inches.
Does anyone have any other clever ideas.   Mainly speaking on mounting for my house outline.   I am sure strips would have been easier but I wanted to stay uniformed throughout my display

Offline arw01

Re: Mounting nodes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, »
Boscoyo strips might be in your future, buy em instead of spending your time drilling..

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, »
Ditto You will love them. Your fingers wont, but that is how we roll.

Offline LasVegasF250

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ditto You will love them. Your fingers wont, but that is how we roll.

When I first start putting the nodes in the strips after about 30 or so my fingers were killing me, I was wondering how I was going to complete getting the nodes in the strips in time, then I found a little trick. Maybe everyone already knows but I could not find the answer in my searching. I ream out the inside of the stripe with a pocket knife every so lightly and it makes it very simple to get the nodes locked in.

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, »
I built a jig out of a 1' 2x6. Mark the wood with the strip pattern, then drill a 5/8 hole where the large node holes exist. You need to drill 2 node holes in the wood. The I drove 3 finish nails in different zip tie holes.