Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 1460 times)

Offline aesl1982

Advice needed
« on: October 09, 2016, »
I'm using the Lynx for my singing faces this year.  However two of the faces even though only eight channels each will have a full Lynx designated to it. Can I set the first controller to number 1 and the second controller to number 8. Therefore making channels 9-16 inactive on first controller and channels 17-32 inactive on the second controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, »
The channels do not become inactive, but duplicate the data.  However if nothing is connected on them then their is no problem.  I never compress the channels, just keep them available for spares/backups/expansion.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline aesl1982

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The channels do not become inactive, but duplicate the data.  However if nothing is connected on them then their is no problem.  I never compress the channels, just keep them available for spares/backups/expansion.
Thank you I had a feeling it would work fine just wanted to double check. I'm also assuming the daisy chaining does not have to be in order ?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, »
There is no order in the proper implantation of DMX.  The controllers will respond to the channels that they are configured to work with regardless of where they are in the string.  I'm not sure about the current Renard units, but the older ones did not use the proper implementation of DMX and even though they could read DMX, they still altered the data stream which is NOT what DMX devices are supposed to do so if you have any Renard devices in your string, make sure that they are at the end of it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline aesl1982

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is no order in the proper implantation of DMX.  The controllers will respond to the channels that they are configured to work with regardless of where they are in the string.  I'm not sure about the current Renard units, but the older ones did not use the proper implementation of DMX and even though they could read DMX, they still altered the data stream which is NOT what DMX devices are supposed to do so if you have any Renard devices in your string, make sure that they are at the end of it.
I use the falcon f16v2r DMX port to run the Lynx expresses

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, »
It's not what is sending the DMX signal that could be the issue, it's what's in the string of devices receiving the DMX string.  If all you are using are LE's, then you should be good to go and the position in the string doesn't matter.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving