Author Topic: Pixelnet Hub Question SOLVED  (Read 2915 times)

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Pixelnet Hub Question SOLVED
« on: November 21, 2016, »
Hello all, is it possible to connect the following.  Ethernet dongle ->Pixelnet passive hub (4 hub)-> Smartstring?  or do I need to send it through a larger passive hub first?
Sorry for all the questions, I have been on the site for years, but last year I was very ill and now I am finally getting back into the grove of things.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, by onesmoothhead »

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Pixelnet Hub Question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, »
just add power to your 4 port hub to power the sting(s)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, »
I will do that, I was just confused since I did not see any other 485 chips or stuff like that.  I really need to connect direct to the 4 port powered hub. I will do that in the morning thank you sir.  Nice talking to a few of my old buddies on the site. Kevin

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, »
Can I use one powered port off the 4 port to run another Zues using Pixelnet In on the Zues? or will the power injection kill the Pixelnet Port on the Zues?

My problem is, I was running a Zues off an Active Hub and water got into the enclosure.  Now the Zues is not working and is being fed by the active hub.  Yet, all my SSC on the active hub work in test mode.  I was thinking about sending Pixelnet through a 4 port passive hub to a replacement Zues and the Active Hub.  I don't know which piece is bad the active hub or the original Zues. Super Frustrated and out of practice. I know I should know the answer. thanks.

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, »
Here is the update.  I chose to use a 4 port passive hub without power or fuses as a splitter.  It seems to be working perfect. Now that will give me time to figure out which or maybe both the old active hub and Zues are the issue.  Thanks again, Kevin

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Pixelnet Hub Question SOLVED
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, »
if you can run the cables. the best bet would be to run to the zeus first, then to the 4 port hub

if you use the 4 port hub without power, you only get the first universe. on the first pair.  (the other 3 pairs are for power)

and yes, running a powered port to a zeus can damage it.   same with running a powered port to an active or passive 16 port hub.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline onesmoothhead

Re: Pixelnet Hub Question SOLVED
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, »
Thank you.  It wil be only on one universe in this show.  Remember when we thought 500 channels was huge?  I miss the old days of figuring it out and making it work. My handicap I guess
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, by onesmoothhead »