Hardware > Lynx USB DMX Dongle

Help something wrong with Dongle and FTDI

(1/5) > >>

enjoylife22:
Ok trying to program my dongle and I have only got it to work 3 times.  Here is what I have done.  I flashed new chip to pixelnet. I plugged the dongle into an active hub and was able to program my first SSC v2 mod.  It did not flash fast like the one in video it was a slow flash but worked.  So I went on to programing songs and had unplugged my dongle.  When I plugged back in no go. So I started messing with where I put the wires.  I left dongle plugged into the pixelnet in and plugedd ssc into pixelnet out Nothing.  I reran the FTDI exe with dongle in and it went through searching and then I tried again NOTHING. So I left the SSC program running unplug from Pixelnet out and into one of the 16 ports and bam the lights started flashing and this time the fast flash.  So I plugged in my Pic 3 and started flashing more SSCs Unplugged the Pickit3 and now nothing again won't program or even run my DMX.  So I am pretty sure it has something with the FTDI drivers not installing right.  Does anyone know the proper Driver signing or what any settings are suppose to be?  I see my com Port in device manager then I look at properties and I see in main window FTDI but one of the certificates says Mictrosoft usb instead of all being FTDI ?  Anyone care to try and help me fix this?

tbone321:
The SCC's will not work when plugged into the pixelnet out.  They need to be plugged into one of the hubs controller output jacks.  The controller jacks supply power for the SCC and the pixelnet output does not.  Neither does the dongle so if you are trying to plug the SCC directly into the dongle, nothing is going to happen.  The primary purpose for the hub is to supply power to the SCC's as well as split the signal.

enjoylife22:
Ok I have done this and i was able to see my LE work on a dmx out to a tx\rx then wireless to LE.  Could see all the channels work fine now nothing and the green light does not come on the dongle when I try to send anything.  I know it is a communication error between dongle and my computer but have no idea how to fix it.  I tried uninstalling the comport and rerecognizing to no avail.  Is there certain settings I need to change in the driver?  I saw on FTDI website that the driver can talk with eeprom could this lead to chip not talking?  Do I need to reflash chip and start over?  Really a pain I have had this problem in past with it not recognizing and I just unplug and plug back in and then would work fine.  Now it is just not talking with the system. 

tbone321:
Is the PC recognizing the dongle when it is plugged in?  Is the red power light turning on?

enjoylife22:
yes red power and then when I try to send anything out of computer the green light never comes on.  The one time I had it plugged into the pixelnet out and switched it to one of the 16 ports on active hub it came on bright green when sending data.  The smart string flashed fast as it should.  So I unplugged the dongle to plug in my pickit3, only unplugged it because I didn't want anything crazy happen, programmed some sscs then went to plug dongle back in....  I got the noise it makes when plugging it in the try and program and I get nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version