Author Topic: Getting back into it with Lynx Express and Renards - Please help!  (Read 1815 times)

Offline paul5cimn

So a few years ago I was able to create my first few shows using a Lynx Express. As the is hobby has done to others, I tried to expand. I purchased a few other LEs and a few Renards to run shows in Vixen. I got it to work about two-three years ago before deploying and getting my masters. As I try to get back into it, I cannot get anything to blink or flash. I have the DMX dongle connected with a straight through cat 5, with straight through cat 5 cables from DMX out to J1 on the first Renard SS24 and J2 to J1 on the Renard Plus TR24. Terminate is Jumped on the LE but despite passing all board tests, I see no activity.

I am running windows 10 with Vixen 3.3u2 with DMX Pro and Renard outputs. (DMX 16 Channels which matches the #1 on the board and Renard with 48 channels)

My wife recommends giving up but that will happen. This year I have 3 brand new arches, 1 Mega Tree and 9 mini trees. While they might be dark now, I will figure this thing out!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, by paul5cimn »

Offline paul5cimn

Re: Getting back into it with Lynx Express and Renards
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, »
I ended up finding an old laptop in the closet and installed Windows Vista (only operating system I had...). I then installed Vixen 2.1.1 and got the LE to respond and then the first Renard SS 24 respond. The Renard Plus TR24 has a heartbeat and power LED but the activity light does not illuminate. Also, for some reason I am getting many COM port errors. First the Renard then the Enttec DMX Pro driver would error when trying to turn on all but after a few cancels, they did work. Com 3, Baud 57600, 8.1 stop settings for both because they are wired in series.

Same configuration on the Laptop with Vixen 3.3u2 and no dice...

Please help if possible.