Hardware > Lynx Zeus

How to Program Zeus Uni 2?

(1/2) > >>

aERonAUtical96:
Using USB Pixelnet dongle.  Need to program zeus to start at 4097 (uni 2).  Do I...

1.  Using Zeus Config Util, set address to 1 (won't go above 4096).  Set universe on Zeus to 1 on all 16 outputs.   After programming address, place all jumpers to Universe 2 for each output.

or

2. Using Zeus Config Util, set address to 1, set universe to 2 on all 16 outputs.

I tried both.  Method 1 I see the typical flashing lights during programming.  Method 2, I get no flash, so to me this indicates that it is not programmed.

The assembly instructions indicate set the universe first and then program (method 2) but I get no flash.

tbone321:
The USB dongle is only capable of putting out 1 universe of PixelNet so if you set the jumpers on the Zeus to universe 2, it will not get any data.  A PixelNet universe is 4096 channels long so setting the starting channel to 4097 serves no purpose because channels 4097 and higher simply don't exist in the PixelNet universe.  Unfortunately, the utility is not a polished piece of software and allows you to set invalid values.  The multiple universe settings on the Zeus are based on the EDT and it's 4 universe output.  If you need to use s second universe of PixelNet then you would need either a EDT or a second USB dongle, 

aERonAUtical96:
Yes, I understand that.  I do have a 2nd dongle with a combiner to go out via one cable.  My question is the configuration/programming of the zeus for Universe 2.  Since the dongle only goes out on one pair of wires (Uni 1), I'm assuming that I set the Zeus to Universe 1, program it to appropriate channel (in this instance channel 1) and then simply set the jumpers to Universe 2.  By setting the jumpers to universe 2, the zeus will then be listening to data targeted for channels 4097-9xxx as defined in something like xLights or FPP.

Do I program on Uni 1 and then jumper to Uni 2?

aERonAUtical96:
Sorry... the reason why I'm asking this is that I tried last night via method 1 above, connected the zeus (universe 2) off of an active hub (universe 1) with 2 dongles + combiner.  I tried to do a test with FPP and could not get anything in Uni 2 to light up.  My trees on Uni 1 lit up, but Uni 2 was dark.  I wasn't able to troubleshoot more since it started to rain.  Doesn't rain all month and the one night I finally get everyone connected, it rains... go figure.

LasVegasF250:
You first method to program the channels for the Zeus is correct. The channels are all the same no matter the universe, that is controlled by the jumpers.

The only way this would work is if the dongles can be programmed for different universes. I know there is firmware for the ETD, you can program one for Ch: 1 -16388 and another for 16389-32776 ect ... is there firmware for the Dongle for 4098-8194?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version