Author Topic: Connector strips won't fit on LE build  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Bendigo

Connector strips won't fit on LE build
« on: February 09, 2017, »
Hi everyone.

Sorry if this has already been resolved/asked. I ordered a LE parts kits quite awhile ago and only now have gotten around to assembling it. I have a weird problem. The connection blocks don't fit in the provided solder holes. The posts on the connector strips are just a hair too large. Does anyone know if it is ok to drill them out slightly or will that wreck the board?

Thanks

Matt

Offline rjhodgefamily

Re: Connector strips won't fit on LE build
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, »
I wouldn't drill them too easy to damage the solder pads. What I did was shave the connector strips down a little with a dremel with a grinder pad. Have also heard of taking 80 grit sand paper and shaving the pins that way works too. They were supposed to increase the tolerances some for the next batch if/when ever that happens.

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, »
One of the boards I built was a little tight but I was able to force them into the holes. As I was pushing them in it shaved a little off the leads as I was pushing it into the holes. Luckily I didn't break anything.
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Bendigo

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, »
Ok. thanks! I'll try the sandpaper.