Author Topic: All channels on when I turn off the power to the splitter  (Read 2146 times)

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Same setup as I had at my last house. Not sure why I haven't made the switch to wireless SSR4's yet but can only guess not enough time in a day.  <fp.

Actually now that I think of it I think the cable going to the Freestyle this year is probably Cat6. Wonder if that makes a difference? Anyway, when done for the evening when I shutdown things I noticed that when I turn off the power strip which supplies the FM transmitter, DMX transmitter, splitter, a seperate power supply, Every light on every channel comes on simultaniously and remains on until I open the power breaker for the show.

Did not happen at the old house but now that I think of it the data cable is different.

Thanks all.

Leon
Leon

Offline caretaker

IF you cut power to your dongle while leaving your controllers on you can have this behavior. You either have to leave the dongle powered up OR cut the power to your Freestyle.  BTW  CAT6 does not make a difference (in fact it is better at transmitting signals.)
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Thank you Jeff. Now that you mention it, the Freestyle at the old house was inside and powered off the same power strip as the splitter. This year to keep The amount of cables running inside down I placed it in an enclosure outside. 

Thanks again.

Leon
Leon