Author Topic: HELP:Layout issue:Issues Arches/Single Line Object in Layout: Wont Display  (Read 3879 times)

Offline gsxrgirl7

Hoping someone can help, not sure if it is something I am doing wrong or if it is an issue with the objects themselves. 

When i go to pull an object into the layout, all the objects create the item in the layout, such as tree, circle, wreath, matrix, poly line, star, etc.  they all pull the shape of that object into the layout then you can update the customization of those objects. 

However when i go pull in Single Line or Arch, no object shows up on the layout, and even after I put in all the customizations, still no object displays on the layout.  it shows a white dot on the layout.  Can someone assist and let me know if they have the same issue or if this is a BUG that needs to be fixed? I need to get 4 universes created and i cannot get anything laid out without these items in my layout so dont know if i need to go back to a previous version in order to do this or what i need to do as no matter what i do, i cannot get these 2 objects to work in the layout.

Thanks,
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

Offline tbone321

How many nodes or pixels have you set the string or arch to contain.  IIRC, they start with a default of 1 and that is just a dot.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline gsxrgirl7

i set both to reflect RGB nodes as the type, and the both the arch and string had 128 nodes each, and after setting each node count and setting the start channel, along with a few other items, and hit save, they were still a dot.  no matter what i changed as far as node count, nothing reflected a line or arch.  and no matter what else i tried within the customizations it still reflected a dot. 

So not sure what is going on and it did this for both straight line and arch.  but all the other objects were working fine which is why I am not sure if there is something going on with those or if there is something else i am missing.

Helen Keller

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Check the appearance and size/location entries at the bottom of the properties screen.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline gsxrgirl7

Using the RGB nodes from Ray.  If they are the RGB nodes from Ray in China, what should those settings be, anything in particular?  Is it only particular settings that allows the object to actually display? 
Helen Keller

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
You said it is showing up as a dot.  The properties I mentioned may be set to small or location is set off the screen.  Have you looked at those properties?
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
What version of xlights are you using?
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline gsxrgirl7

Sorry, version 2, update # 50
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, by gsxrgirl7 »
Helen Keller

Offline gsxrgirl7

And yes I looked at the properties but wasn't sure what the adjustments should have been for the RGB nodes or if the system defaulted the size when you set the node/light type. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Helen Keller

Offline tbone321

If you click on the little dot, you should see some sizing and positioning bars that will allow you to expand the image.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline AverageJoeTX

When we click the dot. The resizing tool appears but is totally non responsive. Won't even relocate.
Don't know if this matters but we're on windows 10.
Possibly a bad download or install??

Joe Glenn (West Tawakoni, TX)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I am running Windows 10 and I have one arch element of 8 arches, each with 48 nodes.  They display fine.  On all the issues like this that I have seen on the xlights forum the solution seems to be in the "appearance" properties.

You might be better off asking about this in the xlights forum, ie, get a faster answer there because it is where the developers are.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline AverageJoeTX

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am running Windows 10 and I have one arch element of 8 arches, each with 48 nodes.  They display fine.  On all the issues like this that I have seen on the xlights forum the solution seems to be in the "appearance" properties.

You might be better off asking about this in the xlights forum, ie, get a faster answer there because it is where the developers are.
I just did a copy and paste of her original post in the xlights forum under "bugs"
Thanks for the suggestion.

Joe Glenn (West Tawakoni, TX)