Author Topic: TX/RX wireless for smart strings  (Read 2679 times)

Offline David Glenn

TX/RX wireless for smart strings
« on: September 07, 2016, »
I am new to pixelnet. Is wireless possible to the Zeus board?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, by David Glenn »

Offline tbone321

Re: TX/RX wireless for smart strings
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, »
The DLA wireless system is DMX only so it cannot be directly connected to the Zeus controller.  There are ways to do it if you already have the Zeus controller but there are better methods besides full wireless. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline David Glenn

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, »
Thank you for your response. We have had good success with our lynx controllers with the TX/RX module .we are adding more smart strings for our house,shop,and about 600ft of fence. Our flex tree is running on the Zeus board, but we look to add 3 hubs to the system to accommodate 30 sets of start strings. TX/RX to the flex tree and hubs would be great.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, »
The closest you can do ... is to go E1.31 (ethernet basesd) wireless out to some yard location, like to a enclosed switch or wifi point ... then connect a DLA Lynx E1.31 etherdongle to that switch, which then turns it from E1.31 into pixelnet at that location, then connect that etherdongle to the zeus which expect pixelnet.   Then you can daisy chain the zeus(es) with pixelnet from there.

ANother option is using a Falcon F16v2/v3 board ... which expected E1.31 and then can output to pixelnet (basically the same as one etherdongle) ... and you could attached DLA hubs or zeues boards to that and daisy chain.  THe Falcon acts like a zeus 16 (only accepts E1.31) and also can output pixelmet, so you could use DLA hubs+sscs and zeus if you wanted at a lower cost point.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, »
A better option is to use a Pi with a $3 usb3rs485 dongle.  The Pi will put out 1 universe of pixelnet to the usb adapter.   I have two Pi 3s with the USB adapter each connected to a pixelnet controller in my show this year.  Works just fine.  I run a master remote config.  I also have other remotes with a Pi3 conected to an e1.31 controller.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA