Author Topic: Zeus v1 and Universes  (Read 5005 times)

Offline DanHouston

Zeus v1 and Universes
« on: October 31, 2019, »
I have a Zeus v1 and am using it for a small megatree this year. It seems to be working, until I try to change the universe. I need this to be in Universe 2 so I moved both jumpers to 2, but only about half the strings light up and they are the wrong color.

I am using the FPP test mode and if I actually set the start channel to be 4097 (start of universe 2) I get nothing on the tree.

Any thoughts?

I am going to post this over at Falcon Christmas as well since these boards get a lot less traffic these days.
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
Re: Zeus v1 and Universes
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, »
Does this help?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(I don't know, I'm not a Falcon guy.) 

Happy Halloween everybody!!   32F with 20mph winds in St. Louis!

:) joe

I have a Zeus v1 and am using it for a small megatree this year. It seems to be working, until I try to change the universe. I need this to be in Universe 2 so I moved both jumpers to 2, but only about half the strings light up and they are the wrong color.

I am using the FPP test mode and if I actually set the start channel to be 4097 (start of universe 2) I get nothing on the tree.

Any thoughts?

I am going to post this over at Falcon Christmas as well since these boards get a lot less traffic these days.
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, »
I don't think it is a falcon issue...I think it is a Zeus issue, but only when Inswitch to universe 2.
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, »
Dan,

I may be full of hot air, but on the Zues' don't the different universes come in on a different pair on the RJ45 jack? 

[http://www.diylightanimation.com/wiki/index.php?title=Equipment#USB_Dongle_and_Combiner_and_Splitter]

(I don't have one to inspect.)

EDIT:  Thank you Tom for the photo!   Yes, the different universe comes in from a different set of pin pairs on the RJ45 Jack.   If you don't have a combiner as in the link above, you could select a different pair of wires in a modified CAT5 (etc.) cable.  (See attached picture.)

:) joe

I don't think it is a falcon issue...I think it is a Zeus issue, but only when Inswitch to universe 2.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, by JoeFromOzarks »
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, »
You are correct, the universe jumpers on the Zeus only selects the pair of wires that will be used from the 485 connector.  The ETD outputs 4 pixelnet universes  and these jumpers allows the user to select which one the ETD is outputting.  The issue may be in how the E1.31 universes are defined in FPP.  They all need to  be 512 channels long with the correct universe numbers and they all need to be defined as multicast.  For universe 2, the E1.31 universes need to start at universe 9 thru 16.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, by tbone321 »
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving