Author Topic: Seeking LE PIC Chips with Latest Firmware Programmed  (Read 3746 times)

Offline kidcole

• Light Crazy Since 2009
Does anyone offer the LE pic chips with the latest firmware on them ? 

I am moving exclusively to LE controllers for all my AC lights in 2017.  Every controller I built came up fine until yesterday.  After a thorough check of the board and troubleshooting tasks, I decided to risk another good pic chip.  The board came up fine.  Looks like I got a bad chip in my kit.  :-(    Seeking help ..
Thanks,

Denny Cole
ChristmasCarolina.com

Offline caretaker

Re: Seeking LE PIC Chips with Latest Firmware Programmed
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, »
I'll check I think I still have some spares.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kidcole

• Light Crazy Since 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, »
I'll check I think I still have some spares.

Great.  I'd love to buy them.
Thanks,

Denny Cole
ChristmasCarolina.com

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, »
Otherwise you could send your existing PICS out to one of the members to be flashed.  I would also suggest that you order a few from Mouser to keep as spares. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline kidcole

• Light Crazy Since 2009
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, »
Otherwise you could send your existing PICS out to one of the members to be flashed.  I would also suggest that you order a few from Mouser to keep as spares.

Thanks !   I am a big fan of mouser.  I'll place an order. 

I also bought a Pic 3.  It has not arrived yet.  Fingers crossed that I can learn how to use it!
Thanks,

Denny Cole
ChristmasCarolina.com

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, »
It is not all that hard to use.  You will need to use MPLAB with that one.  MPLAB comes in two versions and you need to use MPLAB IPE which is the Integrated Programmer Environment.  The other is MPLAB IDE and that is the development software and can get you into trouble. Unlike the Picket-3 it doesn't self identify the PIC.  You need to tell it what PIC you are connecting it to. 

Offline kidcole

• Light Crazy Since 2009
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, »
It is not all that hard to use.  You will need to use MPLAB with that one.  MPLAB comes in two versions and you need to use MPLAB IPE which is the Integrated Programmer Environment.  The other is MPLAB IDE and that is the development software and can get you into trouble. Unlike the Picket-3 it doesn't self identify the PIC.  You need to tell it what PIC you are connecting it to.

I appreciate the info.  I received the kit but I'm opening boxes of pixels from China.  It may take me some time to get back to the LE.  I ordered a handful of the pic chips from Mouser and they arrive on the 6th ..
Thanks,

Denny Cole
ChristmasCarolina.com

Offline TerryW

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, »
Does DLA still have the Light List file for the config utility? When I try to download it says it "error downloading from site". Anyone know where I can get this list??

Offline tbone321

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, »
How are you downloading the list?  I just went into the Configuration Utility and had it update the list.  If this is what you are doing, I would look into your security settings.  You may have a firewall blocking the transfer.

Offline TerryW

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, »
You may be right, didn't think about the firewall. I will try it this afternoon when I get home and see. Thanks!

Offline TerryW

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, »
I had to run the program as administrator, then it worked fine.

Offline kidcole

• Light Crazy Since 2009
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, »
I appreciate the info.  I received the kit but I'm opening boxes of pixels from China.  It may take me some time to get back to the LE.  I ordered a handful of the pic chips from Mouser and they arrive on the 6th ..

I have not had time to get to the PicKit 3, so I had a guy make me a new pic chip for the Lynx DMX V2.0 adapter.   I am running the Lynx Express Configuration utility as administrator.  I've tried 3 different controllers, and this DMX V2.0 adapter cannot program them.  The DMX light flashes when the software is programming, but the start channel never changes.  So I am assuming it does not program the light curves, since it does not program the start channel.  Any suggestions ?
Thanks,

Denny Cole
ChristmasCarolina.com

Offline kidcole

• Light Crazy Since 2009
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, »
I checked the Device Manager.  It shows the USB Serial Port on Com 6.  I have the Deck running and it is set to COM6.  I cannot get the channels to go up and down.

I don't know how to check if the serial port is blocked by some of my security software.  I am running Advanced System Care, AVG, and CCleaner.  WOuld any of this block my USB serial port ?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, by kidcole »
Thanks,

Denny Cole
ChristmasCarolina.com

Offline tbone321

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, »
Did you install the FTDI driver the dongle requires?  The HID driver that Windows will install for the dongle if the FTDI drivers were not installed will not work.  Did you set the Express into program mode properly?

Offline kidcole

• Light Crazy Since 2009
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, »
Yes, I did install the FTDI driver.  But I did not know how to verify that it was installed.  And yes, the Express was in program mode with the Utility.  Of course with the Deck, I was just using the sliders to try to raise and lower the dimming of the DMX channels. 

Is there some way to determine if FTDI is installed and HID is not installed ?
Thanks,

Denny Cole
ChristmasCarolina.com