Hardware > Lynx USB DMX Dongle

DMX Dongle V2.0 and LE Config Utility Install Issues

<< < (2/3) > >>

KeithTarpley:
Greetings,,,

The test section of the dongle was set up in hardware for a possible future firmware update that never came about.

The dongle was originally for DMX.  It later had an option for pixelnet firmware to be used instead.  One or the other.  Here is the info for DMX:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Keith

caretaker:
To further what Kieth said the USB dongle can be flashed with either Pixelnet or DMX  IF the dongle is flashed with pixelnet it will not run a DMX device.

kidcole:
Thanks everyone.  I contacted the owner who sold me the DMX dongle and we're pretty sure it did have pixelnet firmware on it.  He had not used it in a long time and forgot.

I'd rather shave my leg with a block plane than go down the path of the Pic programming.  Mostly because of all the seemingly unnatural acts to get them to work.  But against my better judgement, I went ahead with buying a Pic 3.  Ugh ..  I should have it by early next week.   I hope I can get it working, so I don't have to post back here for help.

If anyone knows of updates to the documentation describing how to install and use a Pic 3, please let me know!  Quite often I find (here) that the original information is outdated.  But due to all the great help from the long timers, there are updates floating around.

caretaker:
No worried Denny,  we will help you out, programming PIC's is not that hard.

tbone321:
It is a little harder with the Dongle as it doesn't have an ICSP header so the PIC needs to be removed from the dongle to be flashed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version