Hardware > Lynx Express

$4 Lynx wireless??

(1/5) > >>

cmorda:
I made some adapter boards for the ESP-01 WiFi module that can be had for about $2-$3. They work with the ESPixelStick firmware, which is in active development.

Anyone interested in the design? You can have them made on OshPark for next to nothing. Well, 50 cents each to be precise, in multiples of three.

Other than the ESP-01, and the small PCB, all that is needed is a 2x4 female header socket and a 1x4 male header.

Photos attached...

rjhodgefamily:
I would be interested in trying it out.

cmorda:
Great! Do you have any ESP-01 modules and the means to program them?

Here is a link to the manual for ESPixelStick. The hardware part will be irrelevant but the programming and usage information applies. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The link to the firmware is in the manual.

Finally, here is a link to the board on OSH Park
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Let me know if you have any questions or need help. And also share your results!

EDIT:
Lastly, if you want to try it right away, I can send you a board that needs a small modification. That is what I am currently using. The first design I made used the ESP TXD pin to send DMX data. ESPixelStick uses GPIO2.

rjhodgefamily:
So just now getting around to playing with this and had a couple of quick questions.

1. What do I use for the SSID and Passphrase when setting this up for an Lynx Etherdongle and Lynx TX/RX?
2. Do I set the device as Serial or Pixel? I am assuming serial since this is going on a LE.
3. If serial what is the serial port number that I set?

I think everything else I can set in the web interface for the device.

Thanks,
Richard

Dennis Cherry:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginSo just now getting around to playing with this and had a couple of quick questions.

1. What do I use for the SSID and Passphrase when setting this up for an Lynx Etherdongle and Lynx TX/RX?

Your routers SSID and paraphrase, it is login into the router like any other wireless device, if using Unicast then you assign the IP you want for the ESPixelstick, else let the router assign an IP in multicast.

2. Do I set the device as Serial or Pixel? I am assuming serial since this is going on a LE.

You set to serial, Pixel is for intelligent RGB nodes.

3. If serial what is the serial port number that I set?

The DMX universe you assigned in your sequencer for that device.

I think everything else I can set in the web interface for the device.

Thanks,
Richard

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version