Author Topic: $4 Lynx wireless??  (Read 6432 times)

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Re: $4 Lynx wireless??
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, »
Did you get the board working for the SSR4?

Offline rjhodgefamily

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, »
It works great just wiring everything up via the breadboard. I just haven't had time to transfer everything to PCB and get a test ordered. Should be great once it is done, just replace the chip with the new pcb and a esp01 and wireless. Haven't done PCB design in two decades so should be interesting. Then I just need to scrounge up enough SSR4s to accomplish the cup-de-sacs design goal.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, »
How many SSR4 do you need?  I have a bunch of the newer versions PCB...and if you have the older version, I have have a bunch of the transformers that are now EOL.

Offline rjhodgefamily

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, »
Ideally I would need 2 of the old transformers and 24 of the new boards to complete the project we want to do. I know some people would say I am crazy for using the older SSR4s instead of newer leds but this is only controlling a bunch of three color incandescent mini trees and so are a perfect solution.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, »
I'll trade you what you need for 12 of the SSR boards and 12 of the Lynx boards :-)

Offline rjhodgefamily

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, »
Only downside to that is I am still designing the SSR boards. Real job has gotten in the way of doing any Christmas stuff of late. Would probably be easier to just buy them off of you, and then I will post the SSR4 designs like cmorda did for the lynx ones.

Offline TokyoLights

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, »
Very interesting, so the PCB board is really only a circuit bridge between the ESP01 and the wireless input for the Express?  I have a boat load of ESP8266 CH340G chips and I would be interested to see if they will work. I guess I'll download the Arduino source and have a peek.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, by TokyoLights »

Offline rjhodgefamily

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, »
The ESP01's work great using the ESPixelStick firmware and setting them to DMX, then use the board that cmorda posted for the express. I never did get my board modification working for an SSR4 to accept the wireless. In theory it is possible the same way I just ran out of time to get it working between a new job and getting stuff working for this year's show.

Offline TokyoLights

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, »
I just cracked open my Lynx and I don't even have a wireless header in it (bought it after market).  ::)