Author Topic: one channel went out  (Read 1280 times)

Offline sakone1

one channel went out
« on: November 08, 2017, »
a channel that was working a couple days ago quit. I use an all lights on sequence to check bulbs. the LED above channel 1 isn't lighting and no power out. I swapped the Opto above the circuit with an other channel error stayed the same. so i assume its not the Opto. Where do look next?
Scott

Offline rjhodgefamily

Re: one channel went out
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, »
Probably the triac that is connected to the heat sync. Weird though that the LED isn't lighting up though. Whenever I have had a triac go out the LED still lit up. The other common issue is solder joints. Double check them from the LED down one of them might have broken loose possibly.

Richard

Offline tbone321

Re: one channel went out
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, »
Triac's tend to fail to the shorted (on) position so that is probably not the issue.  I would first put the LE into test mode and see if it lights the LED for that triac then.  If not, I would check solder connections on the board at that opto, LED, triac, and on the PIC.  Better yet, you might want to just reflow the joints because some cold solder joints are simply impossible to see.  You may also want to remove the PIC from its socket and make sure that there is no corrosion or bent pins.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving