Author Topic: Needed: A few good reasons...  (Read 1291 times)

Offline bugless

Needed: A few good reasons...
« on: July 14, 2009, »
Okay, so it was a sunny Saturday morning (about 9am)...
and I was just catching up on all the "Show unread posts since last visit."  It wasn't that long of list...

True, the oil needed to be changed on the car...
and it needed the winter tires taken off and the summers put on...
and there were a few other things that needed to be taken care of before we left on our 700km trip to the interior of BC...

But my wife came into home office and said "Just what do you think you're doing playing on the computer when there are all these things that need to be done before we leave?"  Unfortunately she had me rattled and I couldn't think of a good reason for being here, so I had to go take care of them all.

So I want to be ready for this weekend and have a couple of snappy comebacks so that when she tells me to go do my Saturday chores, I can avoid them for just a little while longer.

Got any good suggestions?

Doug

Hope you're all having a good summer.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Needed: A few good reasons...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, »
Tell her this :

Honey I didn't want to ruin it but, one of the newest members of DLA is the onwer of 1-800-flowers and let it slip in chat that he might surprise his new friends on DLA today by posting for free flowers every month for a year to the first that calls in with the number and code he posts.  Then look at her in the eyes and say "And I really wanted to win them for you!"

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got any good suggestions?

Tell her:

"Playing?,... I'll have you know this is work. Do I Bother you when you're at work?
If the fry's aren't done I step to the side don't I?"

or this:
"I never bother you when your playin HSN or QVC do I?"

Seriously Doug, I really don't want to get you in trouble but at what point do you plan on getting your pants back?   LOL

Leon
Leon

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, »
Hi Doug

DLA is my happy place

After reading and learning from this site I can work happier and quicker. So in fact this is not wasting time but a way to effectively gather my thoughts and plan for the day.

P.S. Leon, that last line was a bit rough but Funny.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline wbbb1

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, »
Honey, If i don't take care of this during the year, well it all going to pileup in December and.... I'll never get the Christmas Lights up and have over four million people see our house on the 2009 youtube videos! And I know you want be happy with that, so I'm really doing this for you and the children. Love you too honey!

NOTE: You can say anything you want as long as you end it with "Love you Honey". Just remember, I'm on my third marriage, so you might want to just go with RJ's statement. I like it best.

Bill

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, »
Just remember, I'm on my third marriage, so you might want to just go with RJ's statement. I like it best.

Bill

LOL
Leon