Author Topic: LOR E1.31 Setup Help  (Read 1734 times)

Offline mmais68569

LOR E1.31 Setup Help
« on: November 11, 2017, »
If this post is not allowed please let me know & you can delete it
Been trying to setup a 12 strip E1.31 Alpha Pix controller from HC in LOR with no luck
So far I have been able to get the controller in the network & ping it, set up a test using xLights to make sure computer & controller are talking to each other here are a couple pictures of set up
I then went into the setup of the controller & setup universes in it.
Had to start with univ. 2 as I have my other controllers on univ.1. It is a mix of LOR, Lynx Express & dumb RGB using a Lynx dongle wireless.
Will add more posts with more information if the moderator is OK with it.
Mike
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, by mmais68569 »

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: LOR E1.31 Setup Help
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, »
Greetings,,,

Obviously anything not from this site might be better explored on other sites, but it looks like you have a combo situation.  With fries.

This site has always been here to get lights moving for the enjoyment of all.  No one site has everything, especially as things are always changing.

Someone here may be able to offer help.

Keith

"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline caretaker

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, »
Not being real familiar with AlphaPix, in your picture you have UNIV 22 set up on 2 ports 7 & 8 and Universe 1 setup on Universes 15 & 16.  Since you said you are using a Lynx DMX dongle for Universe 1 I would remove that from your Alphapix setup.  HAve you looked at this video from Holiday Coro? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, »
Did you start the LOR 'Control Panel' ?

It is always over looked when using DMX/E1.31

Dennis

2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, »
Not being real familiar with AlphaPix, in your picture you have UNIV 22 set up on 2 ports 7 & 8 and Universe 1 setup on Universes 15 & 16.  Since you said you are using a Lynx DMX dongle for Universe 1 I would remove that from your Alphapix setup.  HAve you looked at this video from Holiday Coro? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Universe 22 setup on 7&8 because they are not used & can not use 0 so 7&8 are blanks.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, »
Lynx dongle has to stay as it is a wireless network
I can not see where Alpha pix controller is in univ. 1
Mike

Offline caretaker

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, »
Lynx dongle has to stay as it is a wireless network
I can not see where Alpha pix controller is in univ. 1
Mike
In your picture outputs 15 & 16 are set to universe one.  Can you do a screen capture of your output setup for LOR? 
Jeff Squires

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, »
Afternoon update

I HAVE LIGHTS WOOOOOOOOOOW

I think the biggest problem I was having was with cop & paste, but first this is what I did today.

I went into network preferences & Clicked on each universe & deleted the port 5568 & reinstalled it as 5568. Did this to make sure everything was correct we all know about auto fill

Then went in & added 2 more universes so I had 16 which matched the controller even though I am only using 12

Last I went to the sequences & re did them all. When I first did the sequences I copy & pasted all 12 channels at one time. This did not work so on the new sequences I copy & pasted each universe one at a time now working.

You tell me what made a difference I do not know but happy all is working.

Thanks all for your help

Mike

Offline caretaker

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, »
Good to hear!  Hope you show shines bright.
Jeff Squires