Author Topic: express question about firmware versions & pc software  (Read 1173 times)

Offline unixgoddess

Ok, so I am getting ready to order the pieces to finally build my v 2.0 express boards I got in December from RJ (thanks RJ!)
Anyways the manual for the V2.0 boards does not discuss whether there is a different firmware file from the V4.0 board or whether the firmware is the exact same for all boards.  Is there only one firmware version for all versions of the board or several different ones?
Can the firmware be put in in the same manner as the v4.0 board with the ICSP interface?
While we are on the topic of different versions supporting different things I also am curious if the PC configuration program works on the older boards?
Thanks,
--Tammy

*edited to add 2nd topic*

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Tammy

Yes please use the latest firmware for your LE. The iscp header is the easiest way to reprogram the micro controller (aka pic). The pc config program will also work with any version of the express.

So the quick answers to your questions are: Yes, Yes, Yes :D

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Hi Tammy
    The current Lynx Express firmware version is fully compatible with all of the COOP'd PCB versions (2, 3, and 4).  (Version 1 was prototype/beta).   Install via the ICSP header.  

Once you have installed the latest firmware, the PC config program will work with the board.  

The only thing you do not get with the Version 2 PCB is the extra DMX out that was added in verison 3 for use when the wireless module is installed.    

Hope this helps..  

Larry

(dang... rick beat me to the punch)....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, by vairmoose »
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline unixgoddess

thank you both!
--Tammy