Author Topic: Streaming Audio via wifi with sequencer  (Read 935 times)

Offline TokyoLights

Streaming Audio via wifi with sequencer
« on: December 05, 2017, »
Does anyone out there stream the audio over wifi that users could tune in on their mobile devices? I live in a highly restrictive FM transmitting area but was thinking of other methods that could be used to transmit audio. I don't even know if any sequencers support such a feature.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, by TokyoLights »

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
Re: Streaming Audio via wifi with sequencer
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, »
We tried it but the delay was unacceptable even on a dedicated hot spot.   Tried to add compensation delay to the sequences but that didn't cut it either.   Hopefully you'll succeed better than me.   Please report your findings.

:) joe

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone out there stream the audio over wifi that users could tune in on their mobile devices? I live in a highly restrictive FM transmitting area but was thinking of other methods that could be used to transmit audio. I don't even know if any sequencers support such a feature.
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline TokyoLights

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, »
That's a little discouraging but I suspected that might be the case, might give it a try anyway to see what can be done.

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, »
I hope you discover a solution and pass it along!

I tried a Windows (WIN7) and an Ubuntu software solution, both reproduced the music perfectly (line-out on the show computer) to both a phone app and a browser app (windows media, etc.) but I couldn't find a solution that didn't delay the transmission.   No way I have the answers, but it was fun trying!

:) joe

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's a little discouraging but I suspected that might be the case, might give it a try anyway to see what can be done.
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)