Hardware > Lynx Express

Lynx Light Curve Utility???

(1/2) > >>

rjhodgefamily:
So we have a bunch of cheap Holiday Time LED 100 count lights from Walmart that were added to the show this season. And they just don't dim properly. So after finding a USB dongle I have been playing with the LE Config Utility and none of the light curves quite match up to what I would like to see.

In the Wiki for the LE assembly manual there is a link to a video that RJ is demoing his Lynx Light Curve Utility. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. But for the life of me I can not find a link to this utility anywhere.

Is this utility buried inside of the LE Config Utility or am I blind from staring at ultra bright LEDs? Or how do other people update there light curves?

Thanks,
Richard

caretaker:
Yes, it's in the latest Lynx config utility.

rjhodgefamily:
So I downloaded what I believe to be the latest version from the software page on the wiki. There is only one link for the config tool. I attached an image of what I am seeing. According to the About menu it is version 1 of the software.

tbone321:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYes, it's in the latest Lynx config utility.

--- End quote ---

Really???  Perhaps you would like to share that piece of software.  I believe that he is referring to the light curve utility, which allows you to create and modify your own light curves, not just the ability to select from some existing ones.   It existed for a very short time until RJ removed it in order to make changes to the interface but it never came back.  I guess that before he had time to complete it, he had decided to step back get away from the group.  Too bad he didn't post the source for it like Rick did with the software he created before stepping back from being active.

rjhodgefamily:
So it sounds like I need to use DMX Deck to figure out my curves. And then manually edit the config XML to add my new curve to the list of available curves. And then use the LE Config Utility to program it into the LE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version