Author Topic: Wiring/Connector for 4-wire pixels?  (Read 2177 times)

Offline jwilliams31

• Williams Family Christmas Lights
Wiring/Connector for 4-wire pixels?
« on: November 02, 2018, »
I bought a bunch of pixels off of Amazon, and I noticed that they seem to be using 4 wires.  Two for power and (I'm assuming) two for data.  Since the controller is only designed for a 3 wire, any thoughts on how this might be wired?

I've attached a screen shot from the Amazon picture. I'll try to get a better picture from the actual pixels when I get home.

Thanks.

Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not too sure about the universe."

Offline jwilliams31

• Williams Family Christmas Lights
Re: Wiring/Connector for 4-wire pixels?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, »
Never mind.  I looked at the specs for the lights online and found what the wire colors are:

Connection: Red: +12V; White: DATA; Blue: GND

So apparently the ground (Blue) is just split between the two connectors, so I should just need to splice them together into the 3-wire connector.
Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not too sure about the universe."

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
Re: Wiring/Connector for 4-wire pixels?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, »
Glad you found the answer!

It might help if you provide the link to the Amazon page and especially the documentation for the product you bought. 

Thank you, 

:) joe

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I bought a bunch of pixels off of Amazon, and I noticed that they seem to be using 4 wires.  Two for power and (I'm assuming) two for data.  Since the controller is only designed for a 3 wire, any thoughts on how this might be wired?

I've attached a screen shot from the Amazon picture. I'll try to get a better picture from the actual pixels when I get home.

Thanks.
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)