Author Topic: Issues programming SSR Start Channel  (Read 1726 times)

Offline jwilliams31

• Williams Family Christmas Lights
Issues programming SSR Start Channel
« on: December 04, 2018, »
I have a number of old SSR4s that I built about 10 years ago.  I needed to break them out this year because I maxed out my LEs and needed a few extra channels.

Anyway, I was trying to set the start channel per the manual and it wasn't taking.  I don't know what, if anything I might have been doing wrong.  I thought I did everything per the directions.  I was initially connecting through PixelNet, but then even tried DMX just in case that was causing an issue.  No change.

I ended up seeing the note about manually setting the start channel in the firmware and went that route.  That worked for me.  It just would have been quicker and easier if the original programming methods worked.

Any thoughts on what might have caused the programming not to take?  It seems like the controllers were defaulting to channel 1 and I couldn't get that to change.

Thanks.

Jason
Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not too sure about the universe."

Offline tbone321

Re: Issues programming SSR Start Channel
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, »
The SSR4 is known to have issues setting the start channel which is why that note was included in the WIKI on how to set it in the firmware. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jwilliams31

• Williams Family Christmas Lights
Re: Issues programming SSR Start Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, »
Ok.  Thank you for the confirmation that it wasn't me.  I don't remember having an issue when I used them previously, but that was about 8 years ago.

Thanks.

Jason
Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not too sure about the universe."