Author Topic: SSR4 v2 BOM vs SSR4 v3 BOM  (Read 2772 times)

Offline rjhodgefamily

SSR4 v2 BOM vs SSR4 v3 BOM
« on: December 30, 2017, »
So I purchased several SSR4 v2 boards this past year not realizing they were the older boards. Luckily I snagged the transformers that were for sale at the same time. I plan on building these out for DMX. Is there anything else different that I should worry about, or can I use the current BOM to build out the v2 boards? Tried going through the wiki history for to figure out what the old BOM was but couldn't really track it down.

On a side note does anyone know a source to pick up a couple more of the transformers? Or are my 2 boards that I have without transformers paperweights?

Offline tbone321

Re: SSR4 v2 BOM vs SSR4 v3 BOM
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, »
I believe that the current BOM with the exception of the transformer will work.  The RS485 is different but is pin compatible so it should also work.  The best bet would be to order one to start and use it to test and confirm prior to ordering a bunch of them.  You could post a request for the older transformers in the buy / sell area and see of anyone has any extra's they are willing to part with.  It may take a little while to get a reply as the site is not as active as it used to be.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rjhodgefamily

Re: SSR4 v2 BOM vs SSR4 v3 BOM
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, »
Ok that is what I figured, and had a set on order from mouser just wanted to make sure before I started soldering on pieces.