Author Topic: Getting ready for the show?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Getting ready for the show?
« on: July 21, 2009, »
Hi Folks,

After last years attempt at a show. I have decided to try to spend more time working on the sequences and music choice for this year. So I was wondering how everyone else was doing getting ready or already been busy working on their shows?

I decided to make a cd for my vehicle to listen to songs while driving back and forth to work (about a 20 minute ride) and in my "free" time draw up the layout of lights and controller locations.

So am I behind the eight ball already or right on schedule?

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Re: Getting ready for the show?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, »
Rick....  not sure if you are behind.    But... no problem...  you didn't want to do anything but lights at work for the next 2 months.

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, »
i haven't even started to think on what i will be doing. i'm lost and confused on how i should set up this year.

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, »
I been thinking just haven't had time to start.  Got stuff ordered including basics needed like soldering iron, solder, fume extractor, LE kits, etc.  I have been picking out music by listening at work.  I have quite a few picked out that I am trying to narrow down.  I was sort of feeling like you though...wondering if I have enough time.  Now that I am through with school, I should have much more time to devote to finishing...I hope. ::)

-Keith

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, »
I've got a list of songs I'm listening too regularly trying to pair down to the ones for the show.  I've got an idea of what I want to do, but still have some items to figure out.  Still have soldering to do.

I think you are right on schedule.  However, I always feel like I'm behind the eight ball, so who knows.

Ron

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, »
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies so far. Please keep them coming.

Any way for me I enjoy the soldering part and building stuff. The harder part is the music side and getting stuff timed up.  I know somewhere some how my elementary school music teacher is laughing. I guess she was right and I should of paid attention to her in class.

Cheers

Rick R.

Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, »
Rick, you're way ahead of me!

I have tons of soldering to do yet, and cords to make... arches to build, a 5-pt star, mini trees to light.  Let alone thinking about sequencing!

Just ordered an FM xmtr, so i better get on the stick if I want to be able to use it.

Thanks for the inspiration and have fun!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, »
don't hit me, .... got about 34 songs almost done, they are never really done so I don't try to get them done.  I will work on them up until Christmas day, then it is too late.. LAUGHING.  I start the show Thanksgiving day.

I have most of the new items built except for some more controllers, I am doing a secret journey Thursday to pick up a few more large pieces.

I also cut a few CDs to listen to driving around.  The funny thing I was directing it, hands waving, head bouncing, jumping around on the seat like a conductor, while I was driving the other morning.

A state trooper roles down his window when we are stopped at a light, and I roll down mine and turn the music down, thinking I am in the dog house now.   He yells at me .. "whad ya listen'n ta"  "looks like fun" ... So I crank it up for him. It was "Gotta Email Santa"  he chuckled and drove off as I did.

When the weather isn't so nice I am inside building sequences, when it is nice I am outside building pieces for the show.

ahead behind ?? who knows for sure.  It will be as good as I can do.

Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, »
Hey John,

Hang in there I am sure you will have it ready. Can't wait to see your show

blearning, WOW lots of songs (guessing some of them are from LOR). LOL I caught myself today doing the conductor thing. Sounds like you are going to have a BIG show

Cheers

Rick R.

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, »
don't hit me, .... got about 34 songs almost done, they are never really done so I don't try to get them done.  I will work on them up until Christmas day, then it is too late.. LAUGHING.  I start the show Thanksgiving day.

I have most of the new items built except for some more controllers, I am doing a secret journey Thursday to pick up a few more large pieces.

I also cut a few CDs to listen to driving around.  The funny thing I was directing it, hands waving, head bouncing, jumping around on the seat like a conductor, while I was driving the other morning.

A state trooper roles down his window when we are stopped at a light, and I roll down mine and turn the music down, thinking I am in the dog house now.   He yells at me .. "whad ya listen'n ta"  "looks like fun" ... So I crank it up for him. It was "Gotta Email Santa"  he chuckled and drove off as I did.

When the weather isn't so nice I am inside building sequences, when it is nice I am outside building pieces for the show.

ahead behind ?? who knows for sure.  It will be as good as I can do.

Boy you sure have the spirit. :)

I like your attitude. I used to worry about it til I read something one day that made me stop and changed my whole outlook. In one of his posts, he said (and I don't remember what it was about) "what ever you do don't take it too seriously and just remember to have fun." That was Richard Holdman. Changed my whole outlook on all my projects. Now thats my ONLY goal.
No,... I don't know him, just read it on one of his posts and it just hit me how right he was.
If you have kids to help you, it makes it even easier as they are just programmed that way. :)
Leon