Author Topic: Quick Way to find SSR4 dmx address???  (Read 3836 times)

Offline sydkahn

• BLOG - What I did was ...
Quick Way to find SSR4 dmx address???
« on: February 27, 2019, »
I have an old SSR4 with the DMX option ...  I have long forgotten what channel(s) it is set up for.  I located an 485 usb dongle in the box with it - what software should I use to "find" what channel it is set for?

I don't want to get into re-programming the address just yet - just get it working if i can ...

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
Re: Quick Way to find SSR4 dmx address???
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, »
Hello,

I found myself in a similar position recently.   I loaded up Vixen 2.1, added the DMX Dongle, created a sequence so each one of the 512 channels progressively blinked on for about 3 50ms (150ms on) then turned off.   I ran the sequence and when the device blinked I narrowed it down by catching the range of channels, adding time to the various channels until "bingo!!"   Total time invested was less than reprogramming the device, easily.    For the record, the channel was 350-something.   <grin>   Yell if you need help.

EDIT: I uploaded a Vixen sequence 1:17 minutes long, 512 channels each on 150ms.   Simply add your plugin (DMX, PixelNet through Smart Hub, etc.) and run it, it'll get you close.

:) joe

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have an old SSR4 with the DMX option ...  I have long forgotten what channel(s) it is set up for.  I located an 485 usb dongle in the box with it - what software should I use to "find" what channel it is set for?

I don't want to get into re-programming the address just yet - just get it working if i can ...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, by JoeFromOzarks »
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline sydkahn

• BLOG - What I did was ...
Re: Quick Way to find SSR4 dmx address???
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, »
WOW - at my age trying to remember things from 10 years ago ---- LOL

What baud should I be setting the simple serial too...  The default is 38... - on one of the usbs it defaults to 57 ...  I can't figure out the home brew 485 dongle I used back then - I am using one from china I hope is working.  (my scope is all the way over there ...)

I am taking the differential output (d+ and d-)  it is pictured here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I have spent a couple of hours on this - so I'll have to take a break and ask this question ...

SYD