Fun > The Porch

2019 Shows Still Using Lynx

(1/2) > >>

meman:
Here we are. Another season down, and although I have mountains of pixel stuff sitting around, it was Vixen 2.5 driving 10 LEs and 8 Aethers for the win again this year.

A new decade; maybe I'll get some sequences updated and finally start using my pixels for 2020.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Happy New Year!!

Maniac:
You're not alone. I still have 5 ORIGINAL Lynx controllers that I trot out season after season. Also still use a freestyle and some old 4-channel ssr things from BEFORE Lynx was a thing.

Updated to xlights a couple of years ago, and added some pixels using Falcon and Pi to run things now, but no reason to get rid of the LED string-based elements of the display! You don't have to pick one OR the other!

tbone321:
I agree, even though I am adding Pixels to my display, I prefer the more Christmas like decorations and have wreaths, wire frames, blow molds, and airblowns and will continue to use them and if you want to control them, you need an AC dimmer and nothing beats the LE.  The only downside is that RJ never created a PixelNet firmware for it.  I am also still using the ETD and SSC's for the pixels I am currently using and running the show with FPP on a PI.  I am looking at the Falcon controllers for further expansion but what I have works for now so why fix what ain't broke.

JoeFromOzarks:
LE's are just as impressive as ever, and still play a role!  This year I repaired 11 LE's for folks all across the country and have 4 more on the way.   A fine tribute to RJ and DLA for a job well done, LE's are excellent!!!

:) joe

barbotte:
how do i hook them up to falcon ??  is there any procedure/ wiki anywhere ?
thank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version