Hardware > Lynx Express

SEEKING A WORKING LINX EXTRESS V5 and Firmware help

(1/1)

kidcole:
I built some kits and they test good but none work.  If I had a good working reference model then I can shake down the issue with my others.  I think it is likely the firmware chip.  Somehow I'd like to learn how to program my own AND have them work.  I appreciate anyone jumping in here.

Thanks,

Denny

packetbob:
I do have a LE5 right beside me on my workbench...
I may be able to help you troubleshoot..
A few questions that I can think of:
1) Do the +5 and the +3.3V leds light up?
2) When you hit the reset button do you get a scrolling message across the 7 segment display screen?
3) What does the 7 segment display show after the unit resets?
4) Do you have a DMX signal source?
5) Does the Data Link led light up when you connect the DMX source to the Lynx Express?
6) What does the display show when you hit the Mode button once?
7) What does the display show when you hit the Mode button a second time?

tbone321:
What do you mean by "test good".  You also may want to post a close up picture of the front and back of the board.  Sometimes it's nothing more than a bad solder joint or a jumper missing or a switch or chip in backwards.  Getting a look at the board clears up a lot of these issues quickly,

kidcole:
Spectacular replies!  I'll get a couple set up this weekend so I can take pics and answer your questions! 

These controllers are not impacting my display this year but they are important to next year..  it's great to see that some of you are still holding down the fort here! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version