Author Topic: Another season down  (Read 445 times)

Offline Maniac

Another season down
« on: January 02, 2024, »
Another season down. Dragged out the old reliable stuff and it just worked, AGAIN.

Thanks again, RJ, for making this possible!

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: Another season down
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, »
The most reliable part of my show also ... Lynx active hub.  Also very easy for my neighbor to plug in, since its a 2 house show and he only has to hang conduits with attached SSC(s) and then plug it all into a hub and run the pixelnet in cord from my house.   100% reliable !!!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline meman

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, »
I convert more AC to pixels each year, but I love the hybrid look, so they will always be a part of my show for a long time to come. Lost a couple of triacs this year, but other than that,  12yr old Lynx Express controllers knocking it out of the park again this year!!

Offline Maniac

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, »
I don't even have the fancy EXPRESSES, I've been trotting out the OG Lynx controllers! I may ADD a new express next year though, getting all fancy :) (and a freestyle with some SUPER OG (pre lynx ssrs)!

Offline MSL

• So many lights, so little time!
    • 26streetlights
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, »
I started with Express's 11 years ago. I use 24+ controllers and some RGB equipment.

Other then tracing down solder problems on the equipment I put together and blowing several transformers (my fault) over the years I haven't had any problems with my equipment.

Great stuff! Thanks RJ.

MSL
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, by MSL »
Holiday Lights in Plantation, Florida

Over 20,000 LED and RGB lights. We currently are running 3020 channels (320 Lynx Express / 2700 RGB Zeus and Smart String channels / 3 Aethers II).

Our show can be seen on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline blickensderfer

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, »
I still use 5 of the Lynx Expresses every year.  I have a permanent Express mounted in the basement connected to house lighting that part of my home automation accesses to turn on and off light inside and outside throughout the year.  When it comes to Christmas, xLights accesses it to control the outside lights to be part of the show.

Dan