Hardware > Lynx Aether

Aether I, Need Help

(1/1)

pete peters:
I have an Aether I, When I use the override switch, only the blue will come on. After leaving the Aether on for a few minutes, the board heats up and the the the LED's turn to white. After turning white the green would turn off giving the purple color for a few seconds than turn back on going back to white. This on and off than continues. At startup the Blue LED'S are the only color on until it is left on for a while as mentioned above.
Does this mean there may be solder issues?
Where on the board should I look?
Also where can I find the parts id sheet that RJ used in the video?
Thank You
PP

tbone321:
Yes, that sounds like soldering issue.  It could be one of the LED's so I would look at them first.  If you have a plastic rod, you could press around the solder points of each LED and see if the board reacts.  Do Not press on the face of the LED's or you could damage them.  You can find the parts list in the WIKI.  Go to the Aether and select the Mouser Direct link.  Some of the parts are no longer available.  I had to replace one of the LED's in one of mine and I had to search for them elsewhere.  I did find them but they only had about 8 left so I ordered 3 so I had a few spares and that was a few years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version