Author Topic: 99 days  (Read 14719 times)

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
Re: 99 days
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2009, »
you all are too kind....

Don't forget, Chris was also involved in this display, he will be taking his part of the display with him to his new place next year.  (Chris, Vicki's yard is going to be dug up on the 4th)

Me ..... well to tell you the truth we only  got about 70% done maybe a little less.  I was joking with the neighbors and told them if they would store it they could have it ... but THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN  Laughing.   We had 2 houses that were or going to be under construction so we didn't get them 100% complete

So there is about half as much again to put up, Of course I'm already deciding what I would change and complete for next year.  I will need a few more controllers

So in reality I will relax for a few months and then get with it again..

I am going to try to get this (2009) years plan completed for next year *SMILE* ... so the plan is already made. 

Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2009, »
Another 15 Videos are up ... we will see which ones gets flagged ...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Merry Lightmass

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2009, »
Awesome show!  That looks like a lot of work!

Kyle 
Excess is Success

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2009, »
Your not going to believe this ....

last night a few of the light buddies come over, we chat, look around,  sit by the fire ... and then each of them goes to another place to look at lights. A simple evening with little to do, go to bed early and chill out.   

Sounds innocent enough .... just a bunch of light guys doing what light guys do. 

James, a light guy from Gainsville. He came over and we meet as well as Al from Roswell we kind of talk the BS and plans and all for about an hour maybe 2.   Everybody goes there own way.

11:30 James calls..... He is over at AL's place up in Roswell almost Norcross.  Al has a pretty nice setup I was over there the other night.  He has a hill for a front yard and lays out a pretty impressive light display. He says when he got over to Al's place he could hear this cat meow ... opens the hood and sure enough a cat is sitting on the engine.   He lets it out, but the cat hangs around the truck and then eventually gets stuck up in the spare wheel.   

His wife says she is pretty sure she had saw the same cat over here at my place to begin with and are calling me to see what to do.  His wife is pretty positive the cat belongs in the Dunn street neighborhood not over in Roswell.   

Well 2 things come to mind, one they can't get the cat out and are concerned that forcing it out might traumatize it more, and 2 they are pretty sure it belongs over at Dunn not in Roswell.

So I go over there with tara, a good 30 minute drive, remember the clock ... now it is Midnight,  I get a look at the cat ... to me all black cats look alike .. in fact most cats look the same, four feet and failry sharp teeth and claws...   but the cat is friendly and by now has calmed down considerably.  Now we have to get the Cat out from the truck, these folks want to get back home to Gainsville and it is apparently a cat from our neighborhood.     

We call AL, he went to bed as where we should all be. it is his house we are at.  I ask if he has some cat food or some food to entice this cat out. He is a dog person not a cat person, so the best we can come up with is a can of tuna,

Got the food, Cat calm, and we set the can of tuna on the ground by the truck, the plan being cat comes out to get the food .. we snatch it up and put it in a carrier and we all can go home ... SO we wait .... and we wait ..... and we wait .... and we wait ....

I am saying to myself this cat is not coming out, he is in a safe place and it aint that bad inside the wheel of this truck.  BTW did I forget to mention.. We have a light show going on, and when they got there the music was blasting out in the front and the lights are blinking.  Not the most subdued lighting effect one could have to allure a cute little kitty out from underneath a truck.

time to think like a cat ... I get up in a truck looking around in my neighborhood with the lights flashing and music playing and I am hiding out in a nice warm place. .... Life is good ... Next we are traveling along the freeway, and wind is blowing through my hair ... life is not so good. we stop and look at the lights again OK life isn't that bad  .... this isn't my neighborhood ... take me back ... but I am not getting out again ...

So we lower the tire, Bill snatches the cat .. and puts it in the carrier... we say our good byes, thank Al for getting out of bed  and we get back home ... remember that clock .. it is now just a little before 3 ...       

Cats is in the basement where it is warm and out of the weather ... now we have to make sure the cute little flea bag with sharp claws and teeth is supposed to be here ...
Merry Lightmass

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
Re: 99 days MIDNIGHT
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2009, »
OK so if you have been following along ... Midnight the Cat has travelled to several light displays ...

YAH really Unknowingly by the driver and likely Unwillingly by Midnight ...

let me catch you up ..

First the cat isn't from Smyrna, nope not one of ours or any of the neighbors ... So the next likely place it may have been was over at Al Hoppers another light crazy in Roswell...

But Nope not there either ... it is from Gainesville, GA ... yah almost a 2 hour drive from Smyrna ... and if you take in the light shows along the way ... likely a good 5 hour tour.   

Remember this cat got out at each of the shows, and back into the truck ... not the CAB ... and traveled around GA for almost 5 hours ....

So I am dubbing him "Midnight the Light crazy cat"   

BTW he is still in my basement chilling out and relaxing thinking of next years light displays ....  I might take him out to see the light show tonight LOL 
Merry Lightmass

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
Re: 99 days MIDNIGHT
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2010, »
Midnight is back home safe and sound with his humans ... all ends well....

OK so if you have been following along ... Midnight the Cat has travelled to several light displays ...

YAH really Unknowingly by the driver and likely Unwillingly by Midnight ...

let me catch you up ..

First the cat isn't from Smyrna, nope not one of ours or any of the neighbors ... So the next likely place it may have been was over at Al Hoppers another light crazy in Roswell...

But Nope not there either ... it is from Gainesville, GA ... yah almost a 2 hour drive from Smyrna ... and if you take in the light shows along the way ... likely a good 5 hour tour.   

Remember this cat got out at each of the shows, and back into the truck ... not the CAB ... and traveled around GA for almost 5 hours ....

So I am dubbing him "Midnight the Light crazy cat"   

BTW he is still in my basement chilling out and relaxing thinking of next years light displays ....  I might take him out to see the light show tonight LOL 
Merry Lightmass

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2010, »
Although it is a relief, perhaps some explaination as to how you finally managed to find his humans?  :D

Leon
Leon

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2010, »
Although it is a relief, perhaps some explaination as to how you finally managed to find his humans?  :D

Leon

Leon, we posted all over the place, I took a couple of pictures and sent to the guys displays he was at and asked for them to post them around their area.  Took him to the vet No chip

I also posted the pictures on FB and the story in my wall.   Someone had seen it and it spread pretty good from there.

I get a call from James, not 2 hours after I posted FB, and he says the owner (neighbor of James) had seen her cat on FB of all places ...  I was thinking of the commercial where the kid looses he dog and they "mobile" spread the word ..

Social networking does work ... I don't even FB that much ...

There is Daily updates of the Adventurous cat  and what he is doing ... too funny ...

not sure if this is going to work or not

Merry Lightmass