Author Topic: 99 days  (Read 14720 times)

Offline Sloanhaus

Re: 99 days
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, »
i have built 14 expresses, i will have wireless on them all, and i still have 8 more to build. i will have 18 stand alone wireless devices as well.

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On this 88 day,

I put together some LEs, mounted heat sinks and then into boxes and attached cords ..

not bad as I got the laundry done as well ..

Tell them how many LE's you have built so far.  I'm not telling, but you make me tired when I talk to you, please slow down so the rest of us can feel better about what we are doing.  LOL

Jim
another Georgia blinky flash newbie / enthusiast

OK OK, I can't hold back any longer ...  I am going to let the cat out of the bag

<delete on>

</delete off>

I had it all typed out ...

and then something happened

no  .... not yet ...... Laughing
Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, »
i have built 14 expresses, i will have wireless on them all, and i still have 8 more to build. i will have 18 stand alone wireless devices as well.

Impressive ....
Merry Lightmass

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, »

Brad,
   You obviously have too much time (and money) on your hands to be able to build 14 LE's.  :)

Hopefully, you have seen RJ's note and got the wireless PCB's that you need, since he's selling them now...  I've already requested 5 more and some SSR4's to plan for next year.

I'm thrilled that my wireless TX and the one LE receiver that I've built so far works great!

Now, only 3 more LE's, 3 more EX/RX, and a standalone RX to go...not to mention the programming...
Mark
Kernersville, NC

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, »
OH ya, I am completely wireless now... I got a good bonus check this year so I figured I would donate some to charity by building a mega christmas show. Here is what I have built so far

Now up to 17 expresses (all of them have wireless on them)
7 SSR4's with Wireless
18 stand alone wireless boards
and 2 transmitters...

I am going to die from soldier lung cancer... and I am pretty sure I will have carpel tunnel from cutting all the chips on the stand alone receivers.

I will take some pictures later on...

Offline Cobergas

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, »
HAHAHAHAH Cat is still in the bag... Mouths are going to drop right?

Offline Cobergas

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, »
OH ya, I am completely wireless now... I got a good bonus check this year so I figured I would donate some to charity by building a mega christmas show. Here is what I have built so far

Now up to 17 expresses (all of them have wireless on them)
7 SSR4's with Wireless
18 stand alone wireless boards
and 2 transmitters...

I am going to die from soldier lung cancer... and I am pretty sure I will have carpel tunnel from cutting all the chips on the stand alone receivers.

I will take some pictures later on...

I can attest to the solder lunger cancer. It is even better when you get an assembly line going after your have the parts sorted and just get in a groove. I think between Blearning and I we could put together about 4 LE's an hour. V4 of course...

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, »
78 Days ...

I was soldering away building more controllers.  My buddy was here and we were talking as we were working.  Then I slipped off the voltage regulator with a 700 degree iron with my right hand and jammed it into the top side of my thumb just at the base of the finger nail of my left hand. 

Think of jamming a screw driver into your thumb just below the fingernail ... ( we have all done that) but add the exceptional quality of a Weller solder pencil running about 700 degrees ..

OUCH ...  was one of the words I used and then dang it was another one ... there were some other words. 

good thing it was that hot because it cauterized the wound as it went in and as I painfully pull it out ... very quickly I might add .. fast as I have ever moved I can assure you..

I am basically out of commission for as long as this thing isn't healed over.  I mean cauterizing is supposedly a good method of reducing infection, but I can personally recommend likely just about any other method. 

I am hoping that if I am really really careful for the next 4 to 6 days and not do anything  (especially requiring heat) I should be back on the building race soon.  I am more taken aside by the fact that I am going to loose 3 to 6 days of production then the actual fact that my thumb now has a nicely cauterized wound on it.

SO the Christmas house on Dunn street is actually closed until further notice .....

Somehow I also notice this morning that I have a slight burn mark on my forehead in the shape of the brand new pencil tip I put on the Weller, which is strange because I don't remember getting the weller that close to my forehead.

the good news is that I found some really cool second skin bandages at cvs which apparently speed up the recovery process as they are moist with a beneficial antiseptic.

*LAUGHING*

get back to work people and be careful...
Merry Lightmass

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, »

I can attest to the solder lunger cancer. It is even better when you get an assembly line going after your have the parts sorted and just get in a groove. I think between Blearning and I we could put together about 4 LE's an hour. V4 of course...

4 an hour, nice  :o.  I am not that fast.

Bill

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, »
Well, my guess is, burned your fingered, iron flew up and burned the head,,,, pain from finger trumped pain from head. Look at it on the bright side, you didnt fall of a ladder or burn down your house... It can always be worse... Now is when you get sympathy from your neighbors and get even more work done. Hope you feel better.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, »
Feel better soon BL

Bill

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

Shall we take a few home to assist?  Bringing back in January?  The heat is on, indeed!

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, »

Greetings,,,

Shall we take a few home to assist?  Bringing back in January?  The heat is on, indeed!

Keith

Keith .. thanks for your kind offer ... but I think we are good ... but I could make the same offer ...

uou know test them, make sure they work and all before returning them for storage ... I mean for your use. 

Merry Lightmass

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, »
BL...   You are giving the term "magic smoke" a new meaning..      glad it did not have more severe consequences.     P.S.   hope you had a large aloa plant nearby to help with the pain of recovery.   

larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, »
The real question is "Did your thumb have the proper amount of flux applied before the iron hit it?"  ;D

Bill