Author Topic: 99 days  (Read 14716 times)

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: 99 days
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Then I slipped off the voltage regulator with a 700 degree iron with my right hand and jammed it into the top side of my thumb just at the base of the finger nail of my left hand.

You know everytime I get an update to this thread I get a terrible feeling in my stomach. This just made it go nuclear.  :o

Hope you're back in business quickly.

Leon
Leon

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2009, »
76 days,

OK enough Already,

I was out enjoying the day and walking through the garden and brushed up against this little creature in the garden,  MY right hand this time immediately felt like it was on fire and turned red ... lasted a couple of hours.  Apparently this saddle-back caterpillar is poisonous with his little prickly body ...

Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2009, »
 :o   I can't take it !!!!!     :o
Leon

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

BL, I'm now glad I didn't stop by this weekend.  By the way, can you tell me when those things freeze for the winter?  I'll be over after that... 

;D

Keith

(And to think, the GA-mini was there, and not a soul was bit....

"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

BL, I'm now glad I didn't stop by this weekend.  By the way, can you tell me when those things freeze for the winter?  I'll be over after that...  

;D

Keith

(And to think, the GA-mini was there, and not a soul was bit....

He is still out there ... this time I didn't touch it ... isn't Georgia a cool place. I lived in Canada for 40 plus years, was a scout leader for years, traveled the back country on a regular basis and I don't remember anytime that I was bit or stung.  

Get to Georgia and moved in here.  The first thing I go down to the basement and it is like a SCI FI movie with crickets, every inch of the basement, walls floors and ceiling is covered in crickets. In the dimly lit basement it scared the bageebees out of me ...

then I've been bite and stung several times by all kinds of insects over the last few years.  My wife asks me why I don't wear short sleeves or shorts.  

...... and I love the idea that every year when I take out the tubs of lights. I have to open them up and set them in the sun to get rid of say the brown recluse or the other spider with a black shiny body.

and it is the only paranoia I have ... bugs .. crawly things   LAUGHING.

I do love the idea of not shoveling snow though.  

Merry Lightmass

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
70 days ...
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2009, »
Thumb is healed over quite nicely .. cutting out almost a week of good production ...

I just put the last LE together for this year ... and looked at the Snowman on the wall .. he is saying 70 days ...

or 10 weeks ...
or 1680 hours ...

Consider a week of days is going to be on the "honey do" list or personal items, yard work, traveling to and from work and other things I need to take care of

5 weeks I need to do other work ..  I need to earn money for this hobby ...

so that leaves me with 4 weeks .. I need to eat, sleep, and other personal stuff I need to do to stay alive let's cut out a week for that.  Although I could get away with a few as 4 hours of sleep a day ...  but it is not easy on this old body.

so we have about 3 weeks of real working time .... yah we can do it ...

Merry Lightmass

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2009, »
Pressure?  What, me feel pressure?

I'm with you all the way BL

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
Re: 56 days
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2009, »
today my wife informed me ...  October 1 around these parts is the opening day of the big push to the get it all done.

Legally I can play Christmas out in the yard ...

Legally I can start dragging stuff out and make sure it is working. 

Legally I can start to put up lights in not so obvious places ...

Legally I can stay up all night with the work lights on in the yard ..

AND legally I can put out the countdown clock ...

It is the Santa Claus is coming Law

So fellas and gals too "Start your engines" ... 

eat well, sleep fast ...... and may the Claus be with you ...

we will see you at Thanksgiving ...
Merry Lightmass

Offline magic8192

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2009, »
I am behind schedule.  I have accomplished a lot, but there is a lot to do.

Controllers are all built and tested
Power nearly complete  - Wanted to be complete by today, but I still have to get the temp power pole inspected before the power is turned on.
I haven't sequenced any songs yet, probably only 4 songs this year. 
 - Amazing Grace - Yule
 - Music Box Dancer - DJ Schwede
 - Carol of the Bells  -  Monique Danielle
 - ?? Wife wants Little Drummer Boy, I want wizards in winter.
I haven't even started building the mini trees and arches yet.

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
now it is 42 days
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, »
42 days left and things are looking all right.

we moved our date up some to help Larry out so

Last weekend Chris and I pulled another all nighter which really put a dent in the building of the items or as we jokingly referred to as iage .... lightiage, treeiage, wreathiage, bowiage paintiage. OK it wasn't an all nighter, we just worked until we fell asleep ...

I am headed out of town with the my wife for some R&R before the big Halloweeniage and Christmasiage.

It seems both Chris and I have been drinking from the firehose lately and it is time to recharge.  All y'll take some time for yourself and family as well.

My horoscope the other day said that this wasn't a sprint but to prepare for a marathon.    "nothing like stating the obvious Sherlock"     

We keep getting asked what we are doing ... so here is the official count today 790 channels of Lynx and LOR and just around 1/4 million lights on 5 separate houses.       

Merry Lightmass

Offline REM

Re: now it is 42 days
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, »
We keep getting asked what we are doing ... so here is the official count today 790 channels of Lynx and LOR and just around 1/4 million lights on 5 separate houses.       

That's gonna be pretty impressive.  I'm going to have to try and come up to your side of town this year and check out your display(s).  My meager 30,000 lights pales in comparison but it sure has taken a whole lot more work than I ever expected.  Great fun though! And makes for good bonding time with the kids.

--Ron

Offline magic8192

Re: now it is 42 days
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, »

Wow!!

Offline tpctech

Re: 99 days now way less!
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, »
Well, not doing to bad but still behind.  I have all of my SSR's with DMX built, tested, and programmed.  2 LE's and 1 LOR  done. 1 LOR to go.  All of my enclosures are ordered!  I hope to get my 12 mini tree's re-strung and wired for 4 circuits each with DMX-SSR's also I hope to get 4 more 8 circuit 10ft arches done this weekend!

Oh i guess I need to start harvesting the leaves!

Way to much work......way to little time!

Good luck, remember some how we all get it done to enjoy Blinky!

KEN

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2009, »
33 days to go ... let the fun begin ...

It is a nice day out and we are going to put up some lights today.  Mostly stuff that wont get in the way of Halloween display or  the final yard clean up after Halloween.

Be careful out there. Take it easy.  Open your totes and set them in the sun ... let those spiders out first before you going digging around in there.  Stay organized, stay safe, brush your teeth and clean under your nails.

Have fun ... 

Merry Lightmass

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2009, »
Bill, you don't even wanna look under my nails!  :)

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester