Author Topic: express dmx light  (Read 1128 times)

Offline bagley2000

express dmx light
« on: August 23, 2009, »
Today i was testing the wireless with the new code . I plugged in the wireless receiver into the express ver 3.0 board and pulled the rs 485 chip. Ran it in test mode and the ZC,DMX, and Done came on but here is my problem. I did not have dmx going to it eather by wireless or cable should the DMX light be off.

Offline memphislights

Re: express dmx light
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, »
I would guess that the EX/RX is constantly sending a DMX signal when it has power, even if it is all zeroes.

I would guess that if you removed the module, and tried it again, the DMX light would be off after the test.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, »
No the unit will think there is DMX with out the Rs485 in line. The code gets fooled. It is only a valid test with DMX wired in and the RS485 plugged in.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline bagley2000

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, »
 How can we field test DMX with wireless then? If a unit stops wowking and you see the DMX light on how can you tell if it is getting a signal from the receiver?

Thanks for the quick replies.

And thank you RJ for all your hard work!!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, »
You can't use the DMX test on the wireless yet. It was not created when the code was wrote for it. I will be releasing an update in the future to make it function but for now it does not.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying