Author Topic: Tx assembly/manual question  (Read 1552 times)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Tx assembly/manual question
« on: August 26, 2009, »
Just for clarification, the Tx assembly manual says in step 3 to install 3 capacitors...including one below the DMX IN jack; however, the pictures never show this capacitor (below the DMX IN jack) installed.  Even the final assembly is missing this capacitor.  Are we supposed to install this capacitor on the Tx?

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline knguyen916

Re: Tx assembly/manual question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, »
Yes install it.

Look at this picture

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, »
I had assumed so, but just wanted to make sure.  Maybe we could replace the last picture in the manual with the one above.  It might help the anal retentive group that I belong to ask fewer questions.   ;)

Thanks again,
-Keith

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, »
Sorry about the confusion,

The directions are correct but some of the pictures are old and need to be replaced.

Its on the things to do list.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, »
Just finished the transmitter and noticed a couple of other items.  I would edit myself, but afraid of messing it up as I don't do HTML and never tried to edit a Wiki.  At any rate, for the Tx, it never tells you to install the chips.  Same for the Ex/Rx.  I didn't see where it said to install the chips.  I am assuming it is the last thing to do, but just wanted to clarify for the electrically challenged.  BTW, I resemble that remark.  ;D