Author Topic: My LE Encosure Mounting Method  (Read 3844 times)

Offline brandonj

My LE Encosure Mounting Method
« on: September 02, 2009, »
I have attached some photos of my newfound method of mounting the LE in the yard.  I was worried that if I attached a stake or pole or whatever directly to the enclosure that it might break while hammering it in to the ground - like if I missed, and hit the enclosure, or from the vibration caused by the hammer hitting the stake (it's happened with other enclosures in the past).  So this is my solution:

• Buy some 10 foot lengths of 3/4" and 1/2" galvanized conduit from the hardware store
  • With the 3/4" conduit, cut a length just a little less than the height of the enclosure
  • Attach the conduit to the enclosure with some zip ties - I also used some pieces from a bike tire to keep the zip tie from slipping off the conduit
  • Run a machine screw through the top of the conduit - This will keep the stake from sliding all the way through
  • Cut a 2.5 - 3.0 foot length of 1/2" conduit.  This is the stake
  • Put a notch in the top of the 1/2" conduit so the screw in the 3/4" piece will rest inside the notches.  This will keep the enclosure from swiveling
  • Seal the hole where the zip ties go through the enclosure with some caulk or silicone- don't want any moisture to get in!

Now, all you have to do is drive the 1/2" stake in to the ground, and slide the enclosure over it.  [/li][/list]

This is how I am doing it this year. Maybe this will be useful for others.  Enjoy!

(More pictures in the next post)

-Brandon

Offline brandonj

Re: My LE Encosure Mounting Method
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, »
(more pictures)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, »
Nice!

We just drive the stakes in the ground and then screw the express to it so we are not beating on them.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, »
Very Nice

Offline lortiz

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, »
I like it!

Thanks so much for sharing....

Leo
Barbara Sher - "Doing is a quantum leap from imagining."

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, »
Brandon,

I love it!

I just happen to use EMT for mounting my leaping lights as well!

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, »
I do it similar to what Brandon does except I screw the enclosure at the top only to a piece of 3/4 PVC about 24" long.  Zip tie at the bottom around the PVC.  Then I use a piece of 1/2 rebar as a stake.  Then just slip the PVC over the rebar.  When the season is over you can take the PVC pipe off and bundle up the rebar and PVC and store everything nice and neat.

Offline Al

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, »
You guys have so many great ideas.
I am in idea overload

Thanks

Al

Offline inzeos

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, »
I mounted my first Lynx Express CG-1500 case on a horizontal piece of 2x4 scrap, which extends about a foot farther on each side of the case.  On the back of the CG-1500 there are three raised mounting points in a triangle.  Using the case as a template I marked on the 2x4 where the top two mounting blocks touched the 2x4.  Once your 2x4 is appropriately marked put a spade drill bit 1" or so into your drill.  Drill in about 1/2" to 3/4" into your 2x4.  Then drill two pilot holes in the CG-1500 case, which you will then put into each hole a wood screw.  Now that you've got everything set up have a friend help you steady the case and screw that bad boy to the 2x4.  We then drilled two additional 1" holes through the ends of both sides of the 2x4s, which allowed us to lash the 2x4 to a 2nd floor balcony banister.  Will try to get some pictures to add to this post later.

Offline meman

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, »
I'm so low tech.
Just cut up a few sections of 3/4" gray PVC, then got some industrial strength velcro from Harbor Freight and cut it into strips as tall as the case. Located the sweet spot along side the case that would allow me to attach a leg and still open the case, and stuck the hooks to the legs and the loops to the cases.

Just pound in the legs..they don't have to be perfectly angled, and stick em to the case. After season just pull them loose and store em separately.

Mike E.