Hardware > Lynx SSR4

SSR4 Info

<< < (2/2)

RJ:
It has become clear that way too many of the 18F1220 pics used in the SSR4 do not want to program start addresses correctly. I blame the firmware but can not find any reason. A Test program using microchips code cut and pasted into a new firmware that does nothing else but program the eeprom, will work on the chips that will program on the SSR4, but when run on a pic that will not program on the SSR4 they also fail to program on this test program.

I also have found a couple of other examples of people having issues with a few models of pic18 chips and eeprom.

So to remove this issue from the users without requireing you to be a microchip stock holder (having lots of extras). I am in the process of rewriting the firmware to move the start channel from eeprom to flash memory. In testing so far the bad chips will program flash OK.

I am tweaking it now, as I have it mostly finished after a long couple of days. It should be posted in the next couple of days for use. I hope that this will remove the issue as a whole. I am sorry I did not find it earlier but the first few I built for protos had chips that programmed fine so I was not aware until everyone started to have issues. Then it appeared as bad chips since replacing them fixed it in almost all cases.

RJ

wbuehler:
RJ

Thanks for all the help on this issue
Once again you have gone above and beyond to fix the issue

Bill

RJ:
Please see the update firmware above in the second post for the SSR4's this is an important update to fix the ones that will not program the start address.
All of them should be programmed with this firmware.

RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version