Author Topic: wiring  (Read 2687 times)

Offline joshuashu

wiring
« on: September 09, 2009, »
ok,

i have one MR 16 cannon(RGB) wired up with a wire from each light going to channel one, two, and three, and the rest of the 3 wires are tied  together to hook to the + side. when i go to control the lights in LSP they all turn on. just wondering what  i did wrong? . In LSP do i set this up as  RGB controller or just a light controller?

thanks

joshua

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: wiring
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, »
Well I didn't wire mine up like that but I'll take a stab at it. All mine were wired up using the plus and minus for each appropriate channel although I have heard of people using a common ground. Try switching it up. Wire the plus to each MR16 and attaching each ground together. I personally haven't tried it but it should work.

PS - I'll try to find the link where someone wired it up that way.  :)

Leon  

EDIT - And here you go....
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, »
If it is a Lynx MR16 controller you need it the other way. All the positives together and independant grounds.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, »
do the MR 16 have positive or Negative? does it matter what side the resistor goes on?

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, »
do the MR 16 have positive or Negative? does it matter what side the resistor goes on?

The MR16's themselves have no polarity since they can be run on AC or DC.  
But to keep in line with a spec put the resistor on the positive wire going to the MR16.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, by wbuehler »

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, »

The MR16's themselves have no polarity since they can be run on AC or DC.  
But to keep in line with a spec put the resistor on the positive wire going to the MR16.

...and if I am ganging x number of MR16's of a particular color in a particular cannon, the "+" legs of each bulb with it's own resistor will be tied together, as in the diagram at the bottom of this page from  http://www.christmasinkent.com/howto/HowToLEDspots.htm#Michael

John
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, by wbuehler »
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, »
If it is a Lynx MR16 controller you need it the other way. All the positives together and independant grounds.

RJ

Hmmm I'll let him speak for himself but he said thats how he has it wired up and they all flash together when he tries to control a single channel in LSP.

EDIT - Oops just realized he also posted tonight that he has a broken PIC. Guess we'll have to wait at least a little while to continue troubleshooting help.  (I saw that Rick offered him help regarding the PIC)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline riri7707

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, »
Hi,
The right way to use the MOSFET - N channel is to have all + of the leds toguether (commun anode) and the output of each channel  provides a - when you want the light "ON" provided by the controller.

So in this case all (+) are wired  toguether (using the right resistor of sourse) and each output  to cathode (-)  of  the led for each channel.
Henri ;)