Author Topic: mouser bom error  (Read 1991 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
mouser bom error
« on: September 10, 2009, »
I was comparing the mouser BOM for the SSR4 with DMX and found the following 3 errors.

538-22-03-2021 should be a qty of two not one
538-22-03-2031 should be a qty of two not one
649-65474-002LF should be qty of four not two
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: mouser bom error
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, »
Thanks for catching those typos.

The Mouser link has been updated

Thanks again

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, »
I was just looking at ordering components for a few SSR4 w/DMX, and noticed the same thing as jnealand posted in the original note.

And since I went to the wiki today, the Mouser project still doesn't have the correct quantities for the items mentioned.  If I had ordered, I would not have had enough of the jumpers or the wire posts for each SSR4.

I didn't check the Base SSR4 or DMX options, but clicked on the entry in the wiki for the SSR4 with DMX.

It's the project at Mouser that needs to get updated, not anything directly in the wiki.

Mark
Mark
Kernersville, NC

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, »
Not sure what happen there.

I updated the qty on Mouser and save the project and it reverted to the older version.

I just updated it again.

Hopefully it stays this time.

Thanks for letting me know

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, »
The way I found the error originally was that I tried to combine two projects for ordering purposes on Mouser and the combo left a bunch of stuff out.  I created an excel spreadsheet where you can enter the qty of each board that you are building and the spreadsheet will give you the totals for each part number.  Manually I can build an import list for Mouser, but I have not figured out how to create it using a nice macro and button that someone could push.   Anyway it sure made it much easier for me to combine orders and I will use it again after I build the 4 boards whose parts just arrived today.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, »
The way I found the error originally was that I tried to combine two projects for ordering purposes on Mouser and the combo left a bunch of stuff out.  I created an excel spreadsheet where you can enter the qty of each board that you are building and the spreadsheet will give you the totals for each part number.  Manually I can build an import list for Mouser, but I have not figured out how to create it using a nice macro and button that someone could push.   Anyway it sure made it much easier for me to combine orders and I will use it again after I build the 4 boards whose parts just arrived today.

Watch out doing this! Mouser has an known issue when you combine two projects to an order. It messes up quanitities sometimes. I know this first hand and a few other develpers have also complianed about it.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, »
You should also look at the quantity price breaks.  You can often buy more pieces and spend less...
/mike