Author Topic: TbzO.exe Being Downloaded when going on DIYLightAnimation.com  (Read 2317 times)

Offline knguyen916

???

Very odd. What is this? Is the site still messed up after the hack. The file TbzO.exe is being downloaded to my C drive when I access diylightanimation.com from internet explorer. It is also accessing an outside site call specialgt.com

It feels like a trojan is being added to my pc now since that hack.

pictures added

Offline knguyen916

this happened a few hours ago fyi.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Ken

I am not seeing that on my computer(s). But if you have not already done it. Run all of your spy ware and antivirus programs.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Yes we have a hacker that is loading it I am working on a fix for the problem.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
???

Very odd. What is this? Is the site still messed up after the hack. The file TbzO.exe is being downloaded to my C drive when I access diylightanimation.com from internet explorer. It is also accessing an outside site call specialgt.com

pictures added

Yet another good reason not to run IE...I hadn't seen this attempt, even over the weekend when the site was acting much wierder.

But then again, I run Firefox for my browser, and have Norton or another AV program on all my machines. 
Mark
Kernersville, NC

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
???

pictures added

Yet another good reason not to run IE...I hadn't seen this attempt, even over the weekend when the site was acting much wierder.

But then again, I run Firefox for my browser, and have Norton or another AV program on all my machines. 

Good point Mark,

I am using firefox on windows and a version of it on Linux. The windows computer (wife's) has Micro Trend Internet Security on it.

Rick R.

P.S. Thanks RJ for working on the problem on your first day of school.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dilgod

• Change your thoughts and you change your world.
I use Avast and it gets rid of viruses and trojans. In fact - it prevents trojans from entering your system. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

It is free - all you have to do is register.
It will save your day.

-dilip

Offline knguyen916

thanks. I actually have avast. the TbzO file was downloaded but was block and IE closed on me. No bytes were transferred. I also used Firefox which didn't download the file to my pc.

I use Avast and it gets rid of viruses and trojans. In fact - it prevents trojans from entering your system. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

It is free - all you have to do is register.
It will save your day.

-dilip

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I noticed on Saturday that after I clicked on the login button that I just got a basically blank screen with a small black spot in the upper left corner.  I figured it had been hacked, but had no way to contact anyone.  I am using Firefox.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Night Owl

I noticed on Saturday that after I clicked on the login button that I just got a basically blank screen with a small black spot in the upper left corner.  I figured it had been hacked, but had no way to contact anyone.  I am using Firefox.
I had the exact same problem and was using Firefox also.  I thought it was something wrong with my computer.  Also couldn't access the Wikis.  The error message was something about not being able to modify the headers.

Accessing the page with IE now.  Have not tried the Wikis yet.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Yes,

Everyone had the same issues. It is not isolated to one person or the other. It was the web site. It is back up and working.  I have locked out the hacker for the moment and am working to secure up the site with the new patch to fix the issue.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
Thanks for that RJ!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline Kwajtony

What John said.  (Thanks RJ)