Author Topic: program start adress in LSP  (Read 6423 times)

Offline joshuashu

program start adress in LSP
« on: September 21, 2009, »
ok i need to know how do you program the start adress for the MR 16 in LSP?  it works as channels 1- 16 and i want it to be 97 - 112.  Thanks for the info

joshua

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: program start adress in LSP
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, »

set channel 1 in LSP to level 97

either have the sequence long enough to power on/off jumper switch or put it in a loop

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, »
so under the dmx tab set it to 97 to 256?  i did this and now it doesn't control the lights at all. when i switch to jumper to program and turn the power on the lights all just come on is this correct? how long do i let go? in the wiki it says 3 seconds is this correct?

thanks

joshua

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, »
Set up a small sequence in LSP to turn on only channel 1 to a level of 97 intensity (97 out of 255) like Rick said. The sequence needs to be long enough to allow you to set the start channel. Move the program / operate jumper to program. Start the sequence and turn on power for the MR16. I recommand you use a power strip. Then after about 3 good long seconds cycle the power OFF. put the jumper back to operate and test channel 97.  Thats it!  :)

Leon

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, »
so under the dmx tab set it to 97 to 256?  i did this and now it doesn't control the lights at all. when i switch to jumper to program and turn the power on the lights all just come on is this correct? how long do i let go? in the wiki it says 3 seconds is this correct?

thanks

joshua

The scenario of all lights coming on is a sign that something is not correct. (usually no DMX) You will find that when this happens that they will all go out after a bit as well. For instance if you turn power on to the board, I think while the computer or more importantly while the Dongle is off you might see this behavior.
Leon

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, »
I noticed last night that powering up my MR16 board with no Cat5 plugged into it, all the lights came on.  As soon as I plugged in the Dongle cable, they went off.  I guess I'm not alone.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, »
done this like 3 times now. still nothing. it still wants to work on channel one.  i dont get it?  Thanks again for the great info.  this could be just missing something but i dont know?

Thanks

joshua

edit..  when i set the jumper to program and turn the power on the lights all come on and kinda do a little flicker and never go off.

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, »
ok i have tried this like 10 times now. it will not work on channels 97-112 .  when i change the channel back to 97 and the intensity back to 0 -255 and  play the sequence blue or what should be channel 99 comes on for a little bit and then fades down.

It will control the lights fine if its  programmed 1-16.

if i unplug the cat 5 while in program mode the lights go off but when i plug the cat 5 in while in program mode they all come on and kinda do a little flicker.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, by joshuashu »

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, »
ok i have tried this like 10 times now. it will not work on channels 97-112 .  when i change the channel back to 97 and the intensity back to 0 -255 and  play the sequence blue or what should be channel 99 comes on for a little bit and then fades down.

It will control the lights fine if its  programmed 1-16.

if i unplug the cat 5 while in program mode the lights go off but when i plug the cat 5 in while in program mode they all come on and kinda do a little flicker.

Lets try this again as I haven't used LSP at all.

You said you have Vixen.
Then try the same procedure however, when you create your small sequence, at the top "Just" above and to the right of the play button is the test channels button. Have your MR16's power supply hooked up to a power strip. Go to the test channels button and highlight channel one, then use the slider to move the intensity to 97. with the MR16 board still off move the program / operate jumper to program and turn on the MR16 board/ power supply. Wait a good long 3 seconds then  turn power off. Move the jumper back to operate. Turn the MR16 supply back on and now in test channels, uncheck channel 1 and now turn on / check channel number 97. Your MR16 light attached to channel 1 of the board should now light when you turn on 97.

Leon
Leon

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, »
Tried all of this. when i go to turn it back on and change the channel number to 97 channel one is lit.   when in program mode all 3 lights are lit and kinda flicker. so i know it is receiving DMX, it just wont accept the program channel?

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, »
Sorry Joshua.

Here's a link to the procedure in case I left something out. If this still doesn't work then you can change the starting address yourself if you have a PIC programmer. If not, there are a nuber of individuals here at DLA that will do it for you. If you'd like to wait, I'll be back from traveling on Oct. 12th. and I can do it for you then. I trust someone will step up and either help you or program it for you before then.  :)

Leon
Leon

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, »
Tried all of this. when i go to turn it back on and change the channel number to 97 channel one is lit.   when in program mode all 3 lights are lit and kinda flicker. so i know it is receiving DMX, it just wont accept the program channel?

Just re-read... If you finish and move the jumper back to operate and turn it back on you say you select 97 and channel one on the board is lit?? Thats what it should do. Maybe I read it wrong. Thats what we are trying to achieve. When we go into your show sequences and you turn on channel number 97 the MR 16/s attached to channel one on the MR16 board should be on.
It doesn't matter what happens during program mode as long as the correct light comes on when you are done programming the start channel.

Leon
Leon

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, »
guess i posted that wrong.  i meant that channel one is lit because in vixen channel one is selected. not channel one on the board. if i go to channel 97 nothing.  Thanks so much for all your help Leon i really appreciate it.  I will try to get a hold of  joneslights. he has a pic programmer so i should be able to borrow it.   I was thinking of picking one up, which one should i get the 2 or 3? i found some on ebay for about 45.00

Thanks so much i really appreciate the help.  :)

Offline tbone321

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, »
You can get the Pickit-2 directly from the company for less than that.  I just got mine a few days ago. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, »
well using vixen and programing per the wiki. i found the channels . it sent them to 247-  262? any ideas why? this is weird.