Author Topic: program start adress in LSP  (Read 6421 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: program start adress in LSP
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, »
just my guess but you were using percentage and not actual levels when you were able to change the start address.

Have you tried in Vixen to use the "test channel" function to set the start address?

on the Vixen main screen its the icon that looks like 3 boxes with checkmarks on it.

Once that screen is open just select channel #1 and set the level to 97 ( of course make sure you are using levels and not percentage)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, »
Tried this like 3 times.  it alwasys stays programmed to channel one. just to be sure. the jumper goes on middle and right pins correct? should i try another cat 5 cable? 

Offline Sly

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, »
One other thing I thought of is do you have the newest version of the firmware for the MR16 controller. The original versions of the firmware for the SSR4's and MR16 controllers had some problems with programming the start address. There is new firmware the fixes this problem.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, »
Hi Joshua,

I really have a feeling we are all throwing darts in a dark room and missing the target.

So lets start over.

Start up Vixen
1 - Click on New even sequence and then Click on Vixen Standard sequence
2 - Click next three times to get to the channel count screen and set it to 512 channels
2 - Click on create it button
3 - give it a name

Sequence screen
1 - Click on attached plugins
2 - Select Enttec DMX USB Pro under Available Plugins and then click on the Use  button
3 - Select the Enttec DMX USB Pro on the right panel (Plugins in Use)
4 - Click Plugin Setup button
5 - Select the correct serial port from the drop down (should be something besides com1) - If no other option is here then you didn't install the FTDI drivers.
6 - Baud rate select 115200
7 - Leave the other settings as is and click on the OK button
8 - Click Done button
9 - Click on the Test Channel icon (two boxes with check marks next to it)

Test Channel
Select Channel 1 and set the slider to whatever start channel you like (ie: 97)

Now leave that as is and now move over to the MR-16
Try to set the start address
1 - With the MR-16 off - Move the jumper to program side.
2 - Power up the MR-16 and wait at least 3 second and then turn off
3 - Move the jumper back to the operate side.

Test to see if the MR-16 accepted the new address.
Turn MR-16 back on.

Back to the Test Channel Screen
1 - Unselect channel 1
2 - If you are feeling lucky scroll down to channel 97 and select it and then move the slider the full range and see if the LEDs change in brightness.

If the MR-16 still works on Channel 1 then the pic will need to be re-flashed. See the wiki for the firmware.

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, »
well using vixen and programing per the wiki. i found the channels . it sent them to 247-  262? any ideas why? this is weird.

likely because LSP sends 0 - 100 % not 0-255 values if you take 255 * .97 (97%) = 247

The controller is working fine you have an issue doing it with LSP. Can LSP be set to use 0-255 values? I am not that versed in it yet.  But expect to learn next year all about it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, »
well using vixen and programing per the wiki. i found the channels . it sent them to 247-  262? any ideas why? this is weird.

likely because LSP sends 0 - 100 % not 0-255 values if you take 255 * .97 (97%) = 247

The controller is working fine you have an issue doing it with LSP. Can LSP be set to use 0-255 values? I am not that versed in it yet.  But expect to learn next year all about it.

RJ

This is what it did in vixen.  thats how i found it, but i was using percents in vixen, havent been able to get it programmed using values. i will ask david at LSP if values will work. my other alternative is to get the pic re flashed again  3rd time, or reprogram all my sequences in LSP and make the MR 16 1- 16.  Thanks everyone for all your help on this. Guess i will be investing in pickit 2 soon. (shhh dont tell the wife..)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, »
In Vixen to toggle between % or numbers there is a icon that shows either as % or #

Rick R.

Offline rmonty

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, »
The Test Hardware tool in LSP can be started by right clicking on a controller header and select the test hardware option.  When the window opens make sure you seelect the appropriate controller at the top of the window.  At the top of each slider is a number from 0 to 255 that changes with the slider movement.  You could use this tool to program the controller.

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, »
GOOD NEWS!!  finally got it with vixen!!!!   :)  :)   :)  i created a short full on sequence and set channel one at 97 intensity.  not sure what i did differently this time but it works now..  feeling better now..  Thanks all so much for your help!