Author Topic: Setting start address after wireless conversion  (Read 2298 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Setting start address after wireless conversion
« on: September 21, 2009, »
Can I set the start address on an SSR4 after I convert it to wireless operation?  My thought is to make sure that only one SSR4 is powered up before going thru the procedure posted in the wiki and that it should work.  Barring that I would have to remove the wireless and put the 485 chip back in and connect up wired.  I am not ready to set my final address for the display and will be doing testing of the SSR4 with wireless once I get all this water out of my basement.  And only two years ago we were praying for rain in Georgia.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Setting start address after wireless conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, »
The pic has no clue how the information is getting to it. Be it wired or wireless

Rick R.

Then again I don't have any wireless nor do I use LSP

Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, »
Hey Jim,

Chris and I are volunterring to help out anyone who was flooded out in Georgia, we were both lucky with little or no flooding.

So if you need something done with the lights Chris and I are Johnny on the spot as goes for if you need help with the flooding stuff.

Larry is going to need the most help he is pretty much completely wiped out and has to  move into a new location..  I am not sure how muchstuff we can recover

he is pretty tore up right now but doing OK ...

I'm just getting the last of 16 inches of water out of my neighbors place. But it is a poured basement so if we can get it dry quick enough it wont be too bad. 

Larry on the other is going to be a lot tougher ...

he has to start from zero ...

Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, »
If there is something I can do please let me know. I am sad to hear so many have been hurt by the flooding.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If there is something I can do please let me know. I am sad to hear so many have been hurt by the flooding.

RJ

Just got off the phone with Larry, a lot of his lights and stuff have floated away, but some of the neighbors are bringing them back ... That he laughed about ...  and so far has decided not to do a display this year ...

He is still pretty much in shock mode not knowing what to do yet and trying to get his wife up to the hospital for the surgery.   His is moving into a rental place for the time being and I am looking for a throw away washer and dryer ...  that we can put out in the yard to clean what we can. 

I will be headed over there soon to help him get his head wrapped around what has just happened, with my trusty pump in hand ..

Since all his stuff has been under water it likely wont work all that well until it gets dried out ...

we wont know until Friday / Saturday what all we will need to be replaced.

I am collecting cash donations through paypal for some of the expenses he is going to  have.  PM me for a address.

apologize for hijacking this thread ...
Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, »
Let me know if I can help in any way.

Bill