Author Topic: 8 Lynx Express + 1 Freestyle (starting address)  (Read 2309 times)

Offline dilgod

• Change your thoughts and you change your world.
8 Lynx Express + 1 Freestyle (starting address)
« on: September 23, 2009, »
Before I embark on building the Lynx Freestyle, I seek some help.
I have completed soldering 8 lynx express board (128 channels) and I want to connect the freestyle on the 129th channel.  As I find time to build the ssr4 modules, I will continually connect them to the FS. Eventually using up all the 128 channels on the Freestyle.

Is there anything special I need to do (configuration etc) to ensure that the FS starts at 129th channel.

(I really hope that it is not to program the pic chip)
Thanks
Dilip

Offline memphislights

Re: 8 Lynx Express + 1 Freestyle (starting address)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, »
from the Wiki manual You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

To program it we need to fire up vixen and setup a sequence with 512 channels and the plug-in setup for the Enttec DMX Pro on the com port yours is on.

There is a jumper on the board marked “Terminate DMX” This should be on if this is the only DMX device on your string “universe” or the last one. Otherwise if it’s not the last DMX device on the line move it over so it does not connect the two pins and make sure the last device has itself terminated. In this case it is the only device so With the FREESTYLE UNPLUGGED! put it on.

Set Vixen in the # mode before proceeding by doing this:

On the toolbar menu of vixen make sure all toolbars have a check mark in front of them. Then exit the menu.

Find the third from the top toolbar and go to the second from the last button to the right. It will be a “#” or “%”. You want it to be a “%” so if it is a “#” then click it once to make it a “%”.

This puts vixen in 256 level mode. You need to be in this mode any time you want to program channels on a lynx device using Vixen.

Now set the channel #1 intensity to the channel number you want to be your starting address and all other channels to 0 or off. If it is higher than 255 then set #1 at 255 and set channel #2 to the additional amount it will take to get to that channel. For example if I want my starting address to be 300 I would set channel #1 to 255 and channel #2 to 45 since 255 + 45 = 300. Make sure vixen is set to repeat. Start the sequence so that we have the channel #1 and #2 data going out.

With the FREESTYLE UNPLUGGED! Move the jumper to the program address side. Now power up the FREESTYLE for three full seconds and then turn it off by unplugging it. Now with it unplugged move the jumper back to the operate side.

That’s it! It is set to operate on the channel you wanted. You can change it anytime and as often as you need. It will remember the address for at least 20 years with no power applied.
It's not about more, it's about enough.