Author Topic: Microchip comes through for me but the swine flu might have too!  (Read 2980 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi RJ,

Glad to hear you are back to work, just need to get 150% :D

anyway the new wireless sounds great (just as long as the conductor is working next year )

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

Well I am back at work and feeling somewhat better but not 100%.

Thought you might want to see one of my new toys from microchip. They will be releaseing shortly. These will be the basis for the next generation of wireless DMX. Nice of them to send me four for free!  8)

They are like the module we have been using but have the amp built in and twice the output power of the current setup. The amp also is a bidirectional amp so it works when recieving also. The nice part is with these we will not need to cut the modules and will use the built on antenna while getting more range.

Plus the cost of the TX and RX will be going down using these.

Third my plan is to use one pcb for the TX and RX and have a jumper select if it a TX or RX so you can swap them back and forth. Transformers more than meet the eye!  LOL

RJ

That is really cool.  I'll guess I'll wait for the next design before going wireless.  Did you hear anything else about what they are doing with the Pickit-2 programmer?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Very Nice

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Man I love technology and you make it sound so exciting.  Actually, I'm pretty sure I can see the excitement just in your post, lol.

Bring on next year!

Ron

Offline RJ

• Administrator
That is really cool.  I'll guess I'll wait for the next design before going wireless.  Did you hear anything else about what they are doing with the Pickit-2 programmer?

Phasing it out. We posted about this earlier on.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline tbone321

I know that but IIRC, there was talk about a possible firmware upgrade or change to deal with the errors it is having with some of the new chips that you discovered.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Have not heard when an update will be out, just that there would be one.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline wjgiles50

Glad to see your up and around.  Enjoy the new toys.

Bill