Author Topic: Where to get LED lights? What Type?  (Read 2577 times)

Offline joshuashu

Re: Where to get LED lights? What Type?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sadly they don't have solid colors though.  I'm manually going through strand by strand and converting them all to one color. 

ever notice how their is like 2 orange for every 1 blue. makes it hard to make a blue strand.

Offline solidmodeler

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, »
Might have to watch doing the one color strings from multi's. The colors use different voltages and you could end up with a brighter string compared to the other. Can't remember the exact voltages but usually blue has higher voltage requirements when in series.
Michael

Lights, more lights, more controllers, more, more, more

Offline tbone321

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, »
Sadly they don't have solid colors though.  I'm manually going through strand by strand and converting them all to one color. 

ever notice how their is like 2 orange for every 1 blue. makes it hard to make a blue strand.

They do that because certian colors are harder and cost more money to make.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline sirwesley

• Sirwesley.com
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, »
Might have to watch doing the one color strings from multi's. The colors use different voltages and you could end up with a brighter string compared to the other. Can't remember the exact voltages but usually blue has higher voltage requirements when in series.

Yeah I've noticed that.  Also, there are two types of bulbs in these strands.  One bulb with a longer stem, and one with a shorter stubby stem. The longer one is the one used primarily throughout the strand, but right before the rectifier, they use the short one.  You can swap out the LEDs inside of them, but the LED's themselves are very different.  I have really only noticed a difference in brightness however, on the "converted" orange strands (which I don't intend on using anyways, except for Halloween)

But my Reds, Greens, and Blues are plenty bright  8)

These sets come with two replacement bulbs, however they are always "long" blue and "long" red, no short ones :( 

-Wesley
Winston Salem - NC

Offline sirwesley

• Sirwesley.com
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, »
With all these Lowes coupons I've been getting, I've decided to go door to door in my neighborhood and pass them out along with a strand of my unopened "classic" mini's to encourage them to decorate for the Holidays.  My street is always very dark, except for my house of course  :P  Hopefully I can change that this year, with a little Christmas cheer   :)
-Wesley
Winston Salem - NC