Author Topic: Final Express Coop of this Year  (Read 16969 times)

Offline jekalaka

Re: Final Express Coop of this Year
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2009, »
I also received one where the mounting holes are too big (like they used the wrong drillbit to drill it before tapping) a very loose sloppy thread that wont hold even if the screw is screwed in not mounted to anything....even a longer screw would not hold this securely, I had about 1/2 of a thread trying to hold on my heatsink

What I did to mount mine was to get 2 longer, slightly smaller in diameter machine screws(so they were a slip fit through the bad threads) mill a flat on the head of each of them so they could be installed upside down from the normal mounting way, through the heatsink, spacer, pc board and plastic washer and installed the nut on the bottomside of the pc board.

If a person had no access to a mill, a few seconds with a grinder, or a few minutes with a file would do the same :)

Might be able to do this as an option to avoid worrying about trying to return/warranty these and avoid the long wait and still get blinky/flashy in for christmas!

Jekalaka

Jon Wimmer
Ekalaka Mt

Offline deplanche

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I got my box today, and got started with the assembly.  Looks like I am missing one of the 6 pin chips (Octocouplers).  I have 31 of them for 2 LEs.  Did anyone get an extra one?

Shoot me a PM with your address and it will go out to you.

RJ

Don't worry about it.  After finishing everything else, realized I need to order a few parts to connect the wireless to these too, so will just be putting together a Mouser order.  Thanks for the offer though.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2009, »
I got my box today, and got started with the assembly.  Looks like I am missing one of the 6 pin chips (Octocouplers).  I have 31 of them for 2 LEs.  Did anyone get an extra one?

Shoot me a PM with your address and it will go out to you.

RJ

Don't worry about it.  After finishing everything else, realized I need to order a few parts to connect the wireless to these too, so will just be putting together a Mouser order.  Thanks for the offer though.

Check your plastic tubes, The way dad does it they should be the right amount but the tape on the end will hold one in it when you dump the tubes out. This is the common issue when only one is missing. With the way he does the optos it should be hard for him to short them. (he uses a tube cut the length of the correct number and fills it to count then dumps them in the tube you get kinda like a measuring cup).

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2009, »
Check your plastic tubes, The way dad does it they should be the right amount but the tape on the end will hold one in it when you dump the tubes out. This is the common issue when only one is missing. With the way he does the optos it should be hard for him to short them. (he uses a tube cut the length of the correct number and fills it to count then dumps them in the tube you get kinda like a measuring cup).

RJ

I found two of mine still sticking to the tape as well.  I didn't notice until I got down to the end and had to fish the tubes from the trash under my workbench.  I have always been amazed that all the parts have always been there.  I think I would go blind if I had to count them out for a complete coop.  Tell JJ thanks for all his work.

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline golights

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2009, »
RJ,  Just wanted to thank you for all the work you put into to the coop.  I receive mine and will be building them next week.  You have made me and a lot of kids happy this holiday.