Author Topic: Can an LE play nice with a D-Light ACx16 over DMX?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline rcouto

Does anyone have a similar setup?
I have a Lynx express and a D-Light ACx16.
I was hoping to run the LE with my DMX dongle and then feed the D-Light unit with the help of the proper lynx dongle to LOR pinout cable that I made from the instructions in the WIKI.
I read some of the forums but they mostly talk about the LOR unit.
My D-Light unit does have the latest firmware.
I am currently using Vixen.  I can get both controllers to work in Vixen independantly.  I found on the web a Vixen plug-in for the D-Light unit.  It works but only at a lower baud rate.

Please let me know if you have a solution for this and yes, I will ditch the D-Light unit as soon as I can.  I absolutely love the design of the LE however Christmas is fast approaching and I would like to maximize the # of channels I currently have.
Thanks,   Ricardo

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
Re: Can an LE play nice with a D-Light ACx16 over DMX?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, »
I think that you answered your own question by saying you needed to use a D-Light Vixen plug-in to run the D-light unit.

If you could run the D-light via the DMX plug-in or whatever, then your LE-to-LOR cable might work.

However, I think the D-light uses a different protocol (language) than DMX, and so in order to use both, you'd need two dongles - one to talk DMX, and one to talk D-light.

You might asking the question of if the D-light controller understands DMX on the D-light forum.  I know both the guys that started d-Light and they should be able to answer your question.

Mark
Kernersville, NC
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Unibits

Re: Can an LE play nice with a D-Light ACx16 over DMX?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, »
The D-light AC-16 or all of them for that matter use their own proprietary protocol.  We are in a holding pattern now for the release of the "Aurora DMX Adapter" and DMX enabled Aurora software. 

Each device will require its own adapter to communicate with your software. 
Four little words sum up what has lifted most successful individuals over the crowd: a little bit more. They did all that was expected of them and a little bit more.